Assistant Professor, Geology & Geophysics
Affiliated Faculty, Global Change & Sustainability Center
- Structural Geology & Tectonics Forum.
Role: Co-Organizer & Convener.
Session Co-Organizer: Effective Teaching of Structural Geology & Tectonics in the 21st Century.
01/04/2018 - 01/07/2018
- Climatic and Biotic Events of the Paleogene 2017.
Co-Chair, Co-Convener, and Co-Host.
09/04/2017 - 09/09/2017
- Structural Geology & Tectonics Community.
National Science Foundation, Future Directions in Structural Geology & Tectonics Workshop, Madison, Wisconsin.
05/2016 - 05/2016
- College of Mines & Earth Sciences.
Role: Review Coordinator and Reviewer.
Proposal Review Coordinator for Undergraduate Research Opportunties Program for the College of Mines & Earth Science .
04/2016 - 04/2016
- International Ocean Discovery Program.
Role: Plan, Organize, Coordinate, Host, and Chair meeting and field trip.
Organize, Chair, and Host IODP Expedition 342 post-cruise science meeting, for 55 scientists for approx. 30 different countries at Snowbird Resort, including leading a 2-day field trip to Wyoming and Eastern Utah following the meeting.
07/2014 - 11/2015
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award.
Department of Geology & Geophysics, University of Utah,
- Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Earth Magnetism and Rock Physics Division.
European Geosciences Union,
- New Student Orientation.
Faculty Discussion Leader,
06/2017 - 06/2017.
- Global Change & Sustainability Center Student Travel and Research Grant Review Committee .
11/2016 - 11/2016.
- Igneous Processes Search Committee.
09/2016 - 06/2017.
- Distinguished Lecture Series Colloqium Series; co-chair and oragnizer. co-chair, 08/2016 - 12/2016.
08/2016 - 12/2016.
- ad hoc committee for Phase 2 of Sutton Building Halls & Walls teaching rock collection.
10/2015 - present.
- Distinguished Lecture Series Colloqium Series; co-chair and oragnizer.
08/2015 - 12/2015.
- Curriculum Assessment and Revision Committee.
03/2015 - present.
- Merit Review Committee.
09/2014 - 08/2015.
- Graduate Affairs Committee.
08/2014 - present.
Global Change & Sustainability Center
09/01/2014 - present
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research
03/10/2013 - 02/2015
The Geological Society of America
10/01/2004 - present
The American Geophysical Union
05/01/2001 - present
In the Media