Professional Roles II
- National Center for Complex Care and Social Needs: Education and Training Development Collaborative Meeting Collaborative. 01/26/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- National Alliance for Caregiving Research Collaborative. 01/01/2020 - present. Position : Member.
- American Interprofessional Health Collaborative. 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2019. Position : Member.
- Utah Action Coalition for Health. 09/01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- American Public Health Association. 01/01/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurses Association, American Nurses Association . 09/01/2011 - present. Position : Member.
Through my teaching and curriculum work, I have the privilege of guiding students to discover new content, new frameworks and new methods for understanding and actualizing our professional roles. I accomplish this by bringing a systems-science and policy perspective to the content and skills we teach in our classrooms, and to the experiential learning opportunities we design for our students.
My teaching and course design are a result of careful consideration of content and environment, and of student, faculty and healthcare dynamics. I acknowledge and embrace the collective wisdom of the classroom and strive to provide students with the certainty of guidance through often uncertain content. Students frequently tell me they can “feel their learning” more easily than they can “describe their learning.” The intensely personal nature of these learning experiences serves to prepare students for the varied and demanding roles of health care providers.
- Enhancing the Bioethics Core within the BSN Curriculum. Project Lead: Sara E Hart. University Teaching Grant Award 06/2012 - present. Total Budget: $3,235.00.
- The Development of a Waterfall Mentorship Program in Nursing: Highschool to Graduate School. Keely Vandenberge. 01/07/2019 - 12/18/2020
- Understanding the Patient Experience as a Member of an Interprofessional Education Hotspotting Team. Stormy Foster-Palmer. 12/01/2018 - 05/31/2019
- Vulnerable Populations Living in Salt Lake County Supportive Housing: Health Care Utilization and Barriers to Care: Honors Thesis. Austin Waters. 03/01/2017 - 05/31/2019
- Healthcare Encounters of Formerly Homeless Individuals: Honors Thesis. Hailey McLean. 03/01/2017 - 05/31/2018
- Faculty advisor for Interprofessional Student Hotspotting Teams. 09/01/2018 - 04/30/2019
- Faculty advisor for Interprofessional Student Hotspotting Teams. 09/01/2017 - 04/30/2018
- Faculty advisor for Interprofessional Student Hotspotting Team. 07/01/2016 - 12/31/2016
- Layers of Medicine Substitute Small Group Facilitator . 01/11/2016 - 12/18/2016
- Layers of Medicine Small Group Facilitator. 08/01/2015 - 12/18/2015
- Donner Schweitzer, Master of Science (M.S.), Project Type: Project. Role: Chair.
- Anne Daly, Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.), Project Type: Project. Role: Member.
- Sara Babcock Homer, Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.), Project Type: Project. Role: Member.
- Vicky Tracy, Master of Science (M.S.), Project Type: Project. Role: Chair.
- Christina Kapsa, Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.), Project Type: Project. Role: Member.