- Research and Quantitative Methods
- Family Planning
- Comparative Sociology
- Gender Issues
- English, fluent.
- German, fluent.
- United States of America
- Western Europe
- Geist, Claudia. “Marriage Formation in Context: Four Decades in Comparative Perspective.” Social Sciences 6: 9.
- Geist C & Tabler J (2017). Somebody has to DUST! Gender, health, and housework in older couples. Journal of women & aging. 1-11.
In press, 02/01/2017.
- Geist, Claudia and Sarah Brauner-Otto. “Constrained Intentions: Individual Economic Resources, Regional Context, and Fertility Expectations in Germany.” Socius: Sociological Research for a Dynamic World 3.
- Geist, Claudia and Lea Hunter. 2016. "A Taxable Luxury? - Policy Forum". Policy Forum. http://www.policyforum.net/a-taxable-luxury/.
- Tabler, Jennifer and Claudia Geist. “Young Women with Eating Disorders or Disordered Eating Behaviors Delinquency, Risky Sexual Behaviors, and Number of Children in Early Adulthood." Socius: Sociological Research for a Dynamic World.
- 2016 Geist, Claudia and Kyl Myers “Gender Stratification.” Oxford Bibliographies in Sociology. Baxter, Janeen (Ed.). New York: Oxford University Press. Published, 02/25/2016.
- Powell, Brian, Catherine Bolzendahl, Claudia Geist, and Lala Carr Steelman. “Changing Counts, Counting Change: Americans’ Movement toward a More Inclusive Definition of Family” In B. Risman and V. Rutter (Eds.). Families as They Really Are. Second Edition W. W. Norton Russell Sage Foundation. (Authors after first author are listed alphabetically). Published, 03/2015.
- Hardy, Jessica, Claudia Geist, and Amy Lucas. “Economic Hardship and Relationship Quality among Cohabiting and Married Couples in Germany.” Journal of Marriage and Family 76: 728-743. Published, 08/2014.
- Geist, Claudia, Nekehia Quashie and Patricia A. McManus. “Internal Migration.” In A. C. Michalos (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research. Heidelberg, Springer. Published, 03/2014.
- Geist, Claudia and Patricia A. McManus. 2012. “Different Reasons, Different Results: Implications of Migration by Gender and Family Status.” Demography 49: 17-217. . Published, 02/2012.
- Geist, Claudia and Philip. N. Cohen. 2011.“Headed Toward Equality? Housework Change in Comparative Perspective.” Journal of Marriage and Family 73: 832-844. Published, 10/2011.
- Geist, Claudia. 2011. Review of "Family Configurations: A Structural Approach to Family Diversity" by Eric D. Widmer. American Journal of Sociology 117 (2) p. 712-714. Published, 09/2011.
- Hamilton, Laura, Claudia Geist, and Brian Powell. 2011.“Marital Name Change as a Window into Gender Attitudes” Gender and Society 25: 145-175. Published, 04/2011.
- Jackson PB, Kleiner S, Geist C & Cebulko K (2011). Conventions of Courtship: Gender and Race Differences in the Significance of Dating Rituals. Journal of family issues. Vol. 32, 629-652.
- Powell, Brian, Catherine Bolzendahl, Claudia Geist, and Lala Carr Steelman. Counted Out: Same-Sex Relations and Americans’ Definitions of ‘Family.’ Russell Sage Foundation.
- Geist, Claudia. "Gendered Views of Domestic Labor: Cross-National Variation in Men's and Women's' Reports of Housework."in Treas, J. and S. Drobnic (Eds.). Dividing the Domestic: Women, Men and Housework in Cross-National Perspective. Stanford: Stanford University Press. Published, 08/2010.
- Geist, Claudia. “One Germany, Two Worlds of Housework? Examining Employed Single and Partnered Women in the Decade after Unification.” Journal of Comparative Family Studies 40(3): 415-437. Published, 08/2009.
- Geist, Claudia & McManus, Patricia A. (2008). Geographical mobility over the life course: motivations and implications. Population, Space, and Place. Vol. 14(4), 283-303. Published, 07/2008.
- Lively, Kathryn J., Brian Powell, Claudia Geist, and Lala Carr Steelman. "Equity among Intimates." in Karen Hegtvedt and Jody Clay-Warner (Eds.) Advances in Group Processes 25: 87-115. Published, 05/2008.
- Geist, C. (2005). The Welfare State and the Home: Regime Differences in the Domestic Division of Labour. European Sociological Review (OUP). Vol. 21(1), 23-41. Published, 02/2005.
- Geist, Claudia (2005). The family of woman: Lesbian mothers, their children, and the undoing of gender. Wiley-Blackwell. Vol. 67(2), 532-533.