- I performed for Roger Thompson at his home for the Camerata Award presentation at his home on July 15. Performance, completed 07/15/2020.
- Harp Ensemble Invited to Perform for Audiences in San Diego California and St. George Utah. This was to be part of a 7 day tour for which we were awarded a FAF Grant. To fund this, the harp ensemble was asked to perform for many different concerts on campus as part of the School of Music performances around campus including performing on March 17 in the Union Building at noon and Lassonde Studios on March 20 . Sadly, due to Covid, we were unable to participate and look forward to doing this in the future. Performance, in progress 04/10/2020.
- The Harp Ensemble was asked to perform for the National Advisory Council dinner in the Union Building on April 9. Due to Covid, we were unable to perform. We look forward to being able to do this in the future. Performance, in progress 04/09/2020.
- The Harp Ensemble was asked to perform for the Dean's Tour in Thompson Chamber Hall on March 19. Due to Covid, we were unable to do this but hope to do it in the future. Performance, in progress 03/19/2020.
- Harp Performance San Luis Obispo, California Performance, submitted 10/05/2013.
- Harp Performance for Religion Conference Luncheon at Utah Governor's Mansion Performance, completed 10/02/2013.
- Performance at Utah Arts Evening at Utah Governor's Mansion Performance, submitted 05/08/2013.
- Performed for Arizona Harp Experience in Tucson, Arizona. Performance, completed 08/16/2010.
- Performed for Utah Governor's Mansion State Arts Dinner. Performance, in progress 04/08/2010.
- Performed on Sundays at 7 Concert with University of Utah Harp Ensemble. Performance, completed 12/18/2009.
- Taught Master Class for Harpists in Utah at Summerhays Music sponsored event. Other, completed 12/05/2009.
- Performed at Summerhays Music in Murray, UT with University of Utah Harp Ensemble during event for Salvi Harp Introduction. Performance, completed 12/05/2009.
- Lectured on Doctoral Research at Music Summer Institute in Tucson, Arizona. (Also taught lectures on Careers in Music, Harp Performance Practice, and Ensemble Performance and Arranging.) Other, completed 08/12/2009.
- Created workshops on improvisation for harp students in Portland, Oregon in August, 2009. Sponsored by Classic Harps Northwest. Other, completed 08/01/2009.
- Began work on CD of Harp Duos with Misty Williams to be completed in 2010. Other, in progress 2009.
- Co-created and directed summer harp workshop for youth in Tucson, Arizona called Arizona Harp Experience, with Dr. Carrol McLaughlin. Other, completed 2009.
- Performed on numerous occasions for selected guests and Governor's Huntsman and Herbert at Governor's Mansion in Salt Lake City (some of this was a concert-like setting). Performance, completed 2009.
- Lecture "Harp Music Tradition in Wales"
Lectured at the Welsh festival on the traditional airs and performance practice of Welsh harpists in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- I put together a playlist for donors during Covid on Spotify for April Goddard to send to donors as an uplifting gift from the faculty to our School of Music donors. Other, Presented, 06/12/2020.
- Remembering Dr. Carrol McLaughlin and Her Art of Stage Performance :
Remembering Carrol McLaughlin, about Dr. Carrol McLaughlin's legacy, the repertoire that she created, and her approach to successful harp ensemble performance.
- Title: Remembering Carrol McLaughlin Description: Remembering Carrol McLaughlin, about Dr. Carrol McLaughlin's legacy and the repertoire that she created, as well as her approach to successful stage performing for the harp ensemble. Conference Paper, Accepted, 03/03/2020.
- Presentation on Welsh Harp Music given at Welsh Music Festival in Malad, Idaho. Presentation, Presented, 06/26/2016.
- Paper "The Harp In Welsh Culture" given at Malad Welsh Music Festival Malad, ID Invited to present by Gloria Jean Thomas, University of Idaho. Conference Paper, Accepted, 06/26/2015.
- Pacific Northwest Harp Workshop Presentations: "Using NLP As A Way to Overcome Stage Fright" and "How to Make the Most of Your Practice Time". Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 07/18/2014.
- Opening Concert, Harp Trio with Misty Williams, Harpist and Liska Yamada, Harpist, in Portland, Oregon . Other, Presented, 07/18/2014.
- Solo Harp Concert given at The 10th Annual Malad Valley Welsh Festival in Malad, Idaho 6/28/2014. Performance collaboration with Welsh Choirs at opening concert 6/27/2015. Performance included works of Welsh harpists John Thomas (1826-1913) and John Parry (1710-1781). Other, Other, 06/28/2014.
- Utah Harp Festival Spring 2014 Presentation "Performance Polish - Master Your Performance on Stage", collaborator Alexander Katelyn Mullins. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 05/03/2014.
- "Online Multi-media Course Teaching To Large Class Sizes" presented to Teaching and Learning Technologies ID Summit 2014 for State Online Course Designers . Conference Paper, Presented, 03/13/2014.
- Lectured on the Influence of the Welsh Harpists and Their Traditions during Arizona Harp Experience Conference in Park City Utah. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 06/23/2011.
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
- Dee Grant for Shazia Manzoor Concert and Lecture2. PI: Cathryn Clayton. Co-PI(s): Dua Azhar, President of the Pakistani Student Association. Dee Grant, 09/16/2022 - 09/17/2022. Total project budget to date: $15,000.00
- TAC Grant For Development of Online Courses. PI: Cathryn Clayton. TACC, 07/01/2010 - 12/21/2010. Total project budget to date: $5,000.00
Geographical Regions of Interest
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Wales, Welsh Harp, and Welsh culture.
- Cathryn Clayton & Janet Sturman Editor (2019). The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Music and Culture Chordophones: Harps and Lyres . (pp. 537-539). Vol. 1. SAGE Publications, Inc. City: Thousand Oaks.
- Cathy Clayton & Kelly Cousineau (2018). In Memoriam: Carrol Mae McLaughlin . American Harp Journal. Vol. 26, 50. Published, 07/01/2018.
- Cathy Clayton & Kelly Cousineau (2018). Carrol McLaughlin in Memoriam. Harp Column. Vol. 26, 9. Published, 05/01/2018.