Dr. Allen completed a post-doc at Yale to enable her to study patient and family self-management of chronic diseases in vulnerable populations. The chronic disease that she mainly studies is diabetes focusing on technology and lifestyle interventions. The two vulnerable populations she studies are the Hispanic population with Type 2 diabetes and Individuals with diabetes and dementia.
- BS, Nursing, Truman State University
- MS, Nursing- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Utah. Project: Family Members Needs During the Interhospital Transport Period
- Post-Masters, Nursing- Adult Nurse Practitioner, University of Utah
- PhD, Nursing, University of Massachusetts. Project: Changing Physical Activity Behaviors with Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes
- Post-Doc, Nursing, Yale University. Project: Patient and Family Self-Management in Vulnerable Populations