Dr. Allen completed a post-doc at Yale to enable her to study self and family self-management of chronic diseases in vulnerable populations. Her program of research is focused on diabetes as a chronic disease and interventions using technology and lifestyle changes. Her research encompasses two vulnerable populations: Hispanic population with Type 2 diabetes and individuals with diabetes and dementia.
- BS, Nursing, Truman State University
- MS, Nursing- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Utah. Project: Family Members Needs During the Interhospital Transport Period
- Post-Masters, Nursing- Adult Nurse Practitioner, University of Utah
- PhD, Nursing, University of Massachusetts. Project: Changing Physical Activity Behaviors with Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes
- Post-Doc, Nursing, Yale University. Project: Self and Family Self-Management in Vulnerable Populations