Dr. Playdon is a nutritional and cancer epidemiologist. The overall goal of her research is to understand the role of diet and obesity in the development and prognosis of cancer. In particular, Dr. Playdon is interested in unraveling the metabolic factors underlying dietary relationships with cancer using metabolomics, and developing dietary biomarkers to better measure diet.
- B.Sc., Nutrition and Dietetics, Queensland University of Technology
- M.P.H., Public Health, Queensland University of Technology
- M.Phil, Yale School of Public Health, Yale University
- Ph.D., Yale School of Public Health/Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Yale University. Project: Dietary Biomarkers and Application to Understanding Breast Cancer Etiology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Metabolic Epidemiology, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute