Assistant Professor, Political Science Department
Affiliate Faculty, Asia Center
- Brian D. Williams, Jesus N. Valero & KyungWoo Kim (2017). Social Media, Trust, and Disaster: Does Public Trust Matter in Explaining Social Media Use When Disaster Strikes?. Quality and Quantity: International Journal of Methodology.
- Kyujin Jung, Kenneth Chilton, and Jesus N. Valero (In Press) Uncovering Stakeholders in Public–Private Relations on Social Media: A Case Study of the 2015 Volkswagen Scandal. Quality & Quantity.
- Hee Soun Jang, Jesus N. Valero, and Kyujin Jung (2016). “Effective Leadership in Network Collaboration: Lessons Learned from Continuum of Care Homeless Programs.” IBM Center for the Business of Government.
- Kyujin Jung and Jesus N. Valero (2016). “Assessing the Evolutionary Structure of a Nonprofit’s Social Media Network: Social Media Use, Keywords, and Influential Stakeholders.” Technological Forecasting and Social Change. Volume 110.
- Jesus N. Valero and Hee Soun Jang (2016). “The Role of Nonprofit Organizations in Homeless Policy Networks.” Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research. Volume 18: Issue 2.
- Hee Soun Jang, Jesus N. Valero, and Jung Wook Kim (2015). “Understanding Nonprofit Collaborations: The Case Study of Communities in Schools of North Texas and its Partner Organizations.” Journal of Public and Nonprofit Affairs. Volume 1: Issue 2.
- Maura R. Farrell, Saunji Fyffe, and Jesus N. Valero (2015). “Nonprofit-Government Contracts and Grants: A Case Study of Prince George’s County, Maryland.” Urban Institute.
- “Effective Leadership in Public Organizations: The Impact of Organizational Structure in Asian Countries.” Journal of Contemporary Eastern Asia. Volume 14: Issue 2.
- Kyujin Jung and Jesus N. Valero (2015). “Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Those Whom They Lead.” Public Administration Review. Volume 75: Issue 5. Book Review of Leadership: Theory and Practice (7th Edition) by Peter G. Northouse.
- Jesus N. Valero, Kyujin Jung, and Simon A. Andrew (2015). “Does Transformational Leadership Matter in Building Resilient Public and Nonprofit Organizations?” Disaster Prevention and Management. Volume 24: Issue 1.
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
A Study of a Cross-Sector Collaboration System for the Homeless: The Case of Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Networks.
PI: Jesus N. Valero.
Co-PI(s): Hee Soun Jang.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation,
11/01/2017 - present.
Total project budget to date: $100,000.00
Understanding and Strengthening the Founding of Community-Based Organizations by Social Entrepreneurs.
PI: Jesus N. Valero.
University Neighborhood Partners (UNP),
08/01/2017 - present.
Total project budget to date: $10,000.00
Effective Leadership in Network Collaboration: Lessons Learned from Continuum of Care Homeless Programs.
PI: Hee Soun Jang.
Co-PI(s): Jesus N. Valero, Kyujin Jung.
IBM Center for the Business of Government,
09/01/2015 - present.
Total project budget to date: $20,000.00
Geographical Regions of Interest