- Research Methods/Statistics
- Laboratory Phonology
- Gender Issues
- Bilingualism & Biliteracy
- A syntactic-prosodic analysis of focalizing ‘ser.’ With C.D. Mendez Vallejo. Acoustics Virtually Everywhere (Virtual Conference). Poster, Presented, 12/10/2020.
- Phoneme production by Hispanic hard-of-hearing children. Poster. 176th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America. Victoria, BC, Canada. November 5-9, 2018. Poster, Presented, 11/2018.
- Characterizing speech production of bilingual hard of hearing children. 47th meeting of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest. Provo, Utah. October 11-13, 2018. Presentation, Presented, 10/2018.
- A sociolinguistic account of Japanese-Spanish bilinguals. International Sociolinguistics Symposium 22. Auckland, New Zealand. June 27-30, 2018. Presentation, Presented, 06/2018.
- Pitch accents in the Spanish of Japanese-Spanish bilinguals. Poster. 172nd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America. Honolulu, HI. November 28-December 2, 2016. Poster, Presented, 12/01/2016.
- Lexical Frequency effects in Chilean /tʃ/ fronting. Panel: Romance Linguistics. Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association. Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 10/08/2016.
- Same vs. opposite-sex accommodation in digital media speech. Invited Panelist for Gender effects in Speech Production and Perception. 171st Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America. Salt Lake City, UT. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 05/25/2016.
- Verb-morphology mixing in Japañol. With Aja Swalberg. 10th annual Cornell University Linguistics Colloquium. Ithaca, NY. Poster, Presented, 04/18/2016.
- Spanish-Japanese code-switching. With Aja Swalberg. University of Utah Student Conference in Linguistics. Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 04/08/2016.
- Socio-phonetics, Linguistic Prestige, and Media Speech. Capstone course presentation. Dept. of Linguistics, University of Utah. Other, Presented, 03/27/2015.
- Accommodating to Stereotypes. Research and Community Colloquium. Dept. of Linguistics, University of Utah. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/12/2015.
- Palatalization of /x/ in Chilean Spanish media speech. Presentation, Presented, 12/05/2014.
- Accommodating to Stereotypes. Workshop on Sound Change Actuation. University of Chicago, Chicago, IL. April 17-18, 2013. Poster, Presented, 04/2013.
- A socio-phonetic study on the relationship between /tr/ and /tʃ/ variation in Chilean Spanish. 18th Mid-Continental Phonetics & Phonology Conference. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. March 22-24, 2013. Presentation, Presented, 03/22/2013.
- Variation of the /tr/ cluster in Chilean Public Speech. New Ways of Analyzing Variation 41 (NWAV). Bloomington, IN. October 25-28, 2012. Presentation, Presented, 10/2012.
- La entonación noticiera de la República Dominicana. With Dr. Erik Willis. XVI Congreso Internacional de la Asociación de Lingüística y Filología de la América Latina (ALFAL). Alcalá de Henares, Spain. June 6-9, 2011. Presentation, Presented, 06/2011.
- Rhotic Variants in Northern Catalan. With Olga Scrivner. Minority Languages in Europe: Success and Challenges. Bloomington, IN. October 7-9, 2010. Presentation, Presented, 10/2010.
- The acquisition of final boundary tones of pronominal interrogatives in a study abroad context in Zacatecas, Mexico. With Janet M. Smith & Chris Davidson. Laboratory Approaches to Romance Phonology conference. Provo, UT. September 23-25, 2010. Presentation, Presented, 09/2010.
- Sibilants in Chinese Immigrant Spanish. Seventh Annual Graduate Student Conference on Luso-Brazilian and Hispanic Literature, Linguistics, and Culture. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. March 25, 2010. Presentation, Presented, 03/2010.
- Velar Palatalization in Chilean Spanish. The XII Annual Hispanic and Lusophone Studies Symposium at Ohio State University. Columbus, OH. April 24-25, 2009. Presentation, Presented, 04/2009.
- Palatalization of /x/ in Chilean Spanish. 11th Annual Women in Science Research Conference. Office for Women’s Affairs, Indiana University. Bloomington, IN. March 6, 2009. Poster, Presented, 03/06/2009.
- Junior Faculty Research group, Research Professor. WLC. 08/2018 - 05/2022.
- Education for Hard of Hearing families. PI: Flores, Tanya. University Community-Based Research Program Grant , 06/2018 - 06/2019. Total project budget to date: $10,000.00
- University Research Committee Faculty Research & Creative Grant. PI: Tanya Flores. URC, 08/2017 - 05/2019. Total project budget to date: $6,000.00
- Hispanic hard of hearing children. PI: Tanya Flores. 08/2017 - 05/2020.
- Japanese-Spanish Bilinguals and Japoñol. PI: Tanya Flores. 08/2015 - 05/2019.
- Spanish, fluent.
- Catalan, basic.
- Japanese, basic.
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Tanya Flores (2020). La adquisición natural de pluralidad en el español de inmigrantes chinos. Journal of Ibero-Romance Creoles. Vol. 10, 31-53.
- Tanya Flores (2020). Methods for a Community-Based Participatory Research with Latino families of deaf and hard-of-hearing children. Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship. Vol. 12:2, Article 8.
- Flores, Tanya & Williams, A. (2019). Japoñol: Spanish-Japanese Code-Switching. Indiana University Linguistics Club Working Papers. Vol. 19(1).
- Flores, Tanya (2018). Lexical frequency effect in Chilean Spanish affricate fronting. Southern Journal of Linguistics. Vol. 42(1), 17-39. Published, 08/2018.
- Declarative intonation in the Spanish of Japanese-Spanish bilinguals. Proceedings of Meetings on Acoustics 29. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/2.0000533. Published, 08/2017.
- Flores, T. (2017). Interlocutor accommodation on the variation of /tɾ/ in Chilean radio. Discourse, Context & Media, 16. 31-38.
- Flores, T. (2016). Velar Palatalization in Chilean Public Speech. Glossa: a journal of general linguistics, 1(1): 6. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/gjgl.105. Published, 05/2016.
- Flores, Tanya y Erik Willis. (2011). La entonación noticiera de la República Dominicana. Actas del XVI Congreso Internacional de la Asociación de Lingüística y Filología de la América. Alcalá de Henares, Spain. Published, 12/2011.
- Flores, Tanya. (2010). Sibilants in Chinese Immigrant Spanish. Indiana University Linguistics Club Working Papers, Volume 10, Article 15. New Perspectives on Language Contact and Contact-Induced Change.
- Smith, Janet M., Tanya L. Flores, and Michael S. Gradoville. (2008). An analysis of vowels across word boundaries in Veracruz, Mexican Spanish. Indiana University Linguistics Club Working Papers, Volume 8, Article 7.