WRTG Across Locations
- Modern Language Association. 04/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Rhetoric Society of America. 01/2014 - present. Position : Member.
- Native American and Indigenous Studies Association. 01/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Two-Year College English Association- West. 01/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- American Educational Research Association. 01/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Council of Writing Program Administrators. 01/2011 - present. Position : Member.
- National Council of Teachers of English. 01/2007 - present. Position : Member.
- Toth, Christie and Darin Jensen (eds). “Symposium: Guidelines on Preparing Teachers of English in the Two-Year College.” Contributors: Christie Toth, Darin Jensen, Mark Reynolds, Emily Suh, Cheri Lemieux-Spiegel, Mark Blaauw-Hara, and Jeff Andelora. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. September 2017. Paper accepted, 02/2017.
- Toth, Christie, Nic Contreras, Shauna Edson, Nathan Lacy, and Westin Porter. “Traveling Together: Rewriting Transfer Student Literacy Sponsorship.” Invited contribution to inaugural issue of Mentoring Across Cultures and Disciplines. Forthcoming 2017. Paper accepted, 12/2016.
- Calhoon-Dillahunt, Carolyn, Darin Jensen, Sarah Z. Johnson, Howard Tinberg, and Christie Toth (author order alphabetical). “Guidelines for the Graduate Preparation of Two-Year College English Faculty.” College English, July 2017. Teaching English in the Two-Year College, September 2017. Paper accepted, 03/2016.
- “Mutual Adjustments: Learning from and Responding to Transfer Student Writers.” Co-authors: Anne Ruggles Gere, Elizabeth Hutton, Anna Knutson, and Ben Keating. College English. Forthcoming March 2017. Paper accepted, 02/2016.
- “Major Affordances: Collaborative Scholarship in a Department of Writing and Rhetoric Studies.” Co-authors: Mitchell Reber and Aaron Clark. Composition Studies. October 2015. Paper published, 10/2015.
- “This Is the Place: Exploring the Cultural Rhetorics of a Local Public Memory Place.” Two-Year College English Association (TYCA) West (October 2015, Salt Lake City) . Presentation other, 10/2015.
- “This Is the Place: Cultural Rhetorics of Settler Colonialism.” Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference (October 2015, Tempe) . Presentation other, 10/2015.
- “Negotiating the ‘Great Divide’: Place, Faith, and the Composition Classroom.” TYCA West (October 2015, Salt Lake City) . Presentation other, 10/2015.
- “Exploring the Role of Transfer Students in a University’s Writing Culture.” Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) Conference. (July 2015, Boise) . Presentation other, 07/2015.
- "TYCA White Paper on Developmental Education Reforms," Co-authors: Joanne Giordano, Holly Hassel, Jeffrey Klausman, Leslie Roberts, and Patrick Sullivan. Teaching English in the Two-Year College. Paper published, 03/2015.
- “At Any Cost: The Rhetoric of Educational Access, Student Poverty, and First-Year Writing.” Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention. Presentation other, 03/2015.
- "Teaching Indigenous Rhetorics in the First-Year Writing Classroom." Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention . Presentation other, 03/2015.
- "Beyond 'Assimilation': Basic Writing, Tribal Colleges, and the Exigencies of Settler Colonialism." Journal of Basic Writing. Paper published, 12/2014.
- “Rhetorical Relations: Bringing Native American Political Writing into the Tribal College Composition Classroom.” Two-Year College English Association (TYCA) West. Presentation other, 10/2014.
- "Decolonial Cosmopolitanism and Tribal College Writing Pedagogy," Native American and Indigenous Studies Association (NAISA) Conference. Presentation other, 05/2014.
- "Directed Self-Placement Questionnaire Design: Practices, Problems, Possibilities." Co-author: Laura Aull. Assessing Writing. Paper published, 04/2014.
- "Linguistic Diversity in the Tribal College Composition Classroom: Language Shift, Navajo English, and Standard English Ideologies," Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention. Presentation other, 03/2014.
- Transfer Student Writing Experiences: Course Pilot and Assessment. Project Lead: Christie Toth. Collaborators: Nicolas Contreras, Michael Goodman, Anthony Magro III, Kelly Corbray, Claudia Sauz, Sandra Salazar-Hernandez, Nathan Lacy, Westin Porter. University Teaching Grant 08/2016 - 08/2017. Total Budget: $3,500.00.
- Mormon Rhetorics Course Development. Project Lead: Jon Stone. Collaborators: Christie Toth. Tanner Humanities Center Mormon Studies Initiative 10/2015 - 08/2016. Total Budget: $3,000.00.
- Understanding Transfer Student Writing Experiences at the University of Utah. Project Lead: Christie Toth. Collaborators: Shauna Edson, Wes Porter, Nic Contreras, Sandra Salazar-Hernandez, Davor Simunovic, Nathan Overturf-Lacy, Justin Whitney. Dee Council 06/2015 - 06/2016. Total Budget: $5,686.00.
- Writing 1010 Assessment. Project Lead: Andrus, Jenny. Collaborators: Toth, Christie, Meads-Jardine, Rachel, Ochoa, Bárbara. 07/2014 - 08/2015.