My interests intersect library and information science education with the arts. I am interested in exploring visual literacy, visual communication, and interdisciplinary applications of the arts. Also, the use of the arts (works of art, artifacts, performances, and the application of artistic skills) in instruction and classroom environments and other non-arts settings. In addition, the benefits, uses and challenges of the digital preservation of the arts.
- Precision Farming
- "ALA’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom of Information, and George Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm’." Pre-show lecture for University of Utah's Department of Theatre production of "Animal Farm". , Presented, 2015.
- Greg Hatch. "Global Arts, Local Access." Student Affairs Diversity Council Continuing Education Series, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT. May 2019. , Presented, 2019.
- Tallie Casucci, Anne Morrow, Greg Hatch, Roger Altizer, Christy Jarvis, and Nancy Lombardo. "Leveling Up Library Support for a Games Studies Program." Utah Library Association, Provo, UT. May 2018.
- "Visual Literacy: Putting Guidelines into Practice. Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) Conference, Washington, D.C. , Presented, 2014.
- Luke Leither, Erin Carraher, and Greg Hatch. "Design-Model Build: Interdisciplinary Partnership with Real-World Impact." Association of Architecture School Librarians Conference, Seattle, WA.
- Greg Hatch, Anthony Sams, Luke Leither, and TJ Ferrill. "I 'heart' VR: Socially Connected, Physically Distant." Utah Library Association Virtual Conference, May 2021.
- Greg Hatch and Thomas Ferrill. "Through the Rift: Library Explorations with Interactive Media." Utah Library Association. Sandy, UT.
- Rebekah Cummings and Greg Hatch. "Why Digital Matters: Cooperative Scholarship at the University of Utah." Utah Library Association. Sandy, UT.
- Greg Hatch, Linda Knox, and Jenne McCabe Klotz. "Catalysts for Creative Collaboration: Incorporating Libraries and Librarians into Transdisciplinary Scholarship."Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities (a2ru) Conference. Denver, CO.
- Greg Hatch and Catherine Soehner. "The Comeback: A Library Celebration of Faculty Achievement." Presenter, with Catherine Soehner. Utah Library Association Conference. Layton, UT.
- Dramaturg and moderator of post-show discussion for Pioneer Theatre Company's (Salt Lake City, UT) production of "Alabama Story". Panel, Presented, 2015.
- Greg Hatch, Kate Cunningham, and Kim Collins. "DataVisuAcumen: Enhance Your Skill Set and Impress Your Peers!" Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) Conference, Chicago, IL. April 2022.
- Christy Caldwell, David Carter, Anne Morrow, and Greg Hatch. "Next Gen Games: Best Practices to Support Game Design and Game Studies." Association of College and Research Libraries Virtual Conference, April 2021. (38% acceptance rate).
- "Visual Browsing: Graphic Interpretation of Library of Congress Classification." ARLIS/NA Conference, Washington, D.C. Poster, Presented, 2014.
- Greg Hatch. "Pandemic Productivity: VR Applications in Library Settings." Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) Conference, Chicago, IL. April 2022.
- Spanish, Functional.
- Brandon Patterson (date unknown). Play, Education, Research: Exploring Virtual Reality through Libraries. ALA Editions. Accepted, .
- William Shane Wallace (date unknown). CelebrateU: Measuring the impact of a library-hosted showcase event. The Journal of Academic Librarianship. Vol. 47(5). Accepted, .
- Greg Hatch (date unknown). SR Visits: Family History Library of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Serials Review. Vol. 23(2). Accepted, .
- Greg Hatch (date unknown). Enter the King. Saint John’s [University Alumni] Magazine. Accepted, .
- (date unknown). Ehrman, D., Hatch, G. & Woodward, S. (2005). “Ghost Ranch, or How I Learned to Stop Whining and Love Leadership.” Utah Libraries News, 3. Accepted, .
- Greg Hatch (date unknown). Arts: In/Site. n.p. Accepted, .
- Greg Hatch (date unknown). Ghost of a Writer: a Review of ‘This Is: Tennessee Williams & Friends: A Centennial Exhibition’. Vol. 23(3). Broadside: Newsletter of the Theatre Library Association. Accepted, .
- "The Game of Life: Intersections of Video Games and the Human Experience". Book and media exhibition at the J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah. Salt Lake City, UT.
- Greg Hatch and Adriana Parker. "Libros Latinos". J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT. Book exhibition curated from the Katherine W. Dumke Fine Arts & Architecture Library's Latin American Avant-Garde collection and Cuban artists' books. Exhibition, completed 2015.