Designing for UsabilityLocation: LNCO 3805 (LNCO 3805)
Online Writing PedagogyLocation: LNCO 3840 (LNCO 3840)
- Global Society of Online Literacy Educators. 03/30/2017 - present. Position : Member.
- Conference on College Composition and Communication. 01/01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Conference on College Composition and Communication. 01/01/2015 - 01/03/2016. Position : Expert Panelist, Committee for Effective Practices in Online Writing Instruction.
- “Teaching Presence, Personality, and Perceptions of Online Labor.” Presented at Conference on College Composition and Communication. Kansas City, Missouri. Presentation published, 03/17/2018.
- “Writing Beliefs and Mentoring Practices: Advisor Perspectives on Post/Graduate Writing Instruction in the Sciences.” Research Literacies and Writing Pedagogies for Masters and Doctoral Writers. Ed. Cally Guerin and Cecile Badenhorst. Leiden: Brill, 2015. Paper published, 10/2015.
- “The Risks and Rewards of Online Writing Instruction: A Study of Student Retention.” Conference on College Composition and Communication. Tampa, Florida. Presentation published, 03/19/2015.
- “Entering the Online Instructional Stream: A Roundtable Discussion for Current and Future Online Technical Communication.” Association for Teachers of Technical Writing Conference. Indianapolis, Indiana. Presentation published, 03/19/2014.
- “Framing Sustainability: Business Students Writing About the Environment.” With Maureen Mathison and Sarah Bell. Journal of Business and Technical Communication 28.1 (2014). DOI: 10.1177/1050651913502488.
- "'Invisible' Writing Instruction: Mentoring of Graduate Student Writers in the Sciences." Conference on College Composition and Communication. Las Vegas, Nevada. Presentation published, 03/13/2013.
- “‘Keeping it Real’: Contextualizing Intellectual Property and Privacy in the Online Technical
Communication Course.” Online Education 2.0: Evolving, Adapting, and Reinventing Online Technical Communication. Ed. Keith Grant-Davie and Kelli Cargile Cook. Amityville, N.Y.: Baywood Pub., 2013. 289-302.
- “Teaching Writing Online.” University of Utah Excellence in Teaching Symposium. August 16, 2012. Presentation published, 08/16/2012.
- Online Writing Pedagogy Workshop (half day). University Writing Program. May 3, 2012. Presentation published, 05/03/2012.
- “Project-based Learning, Privacy Rights, and the HITECH Act of 2009.” Conference on College Composition and Communication. St. Louis, Missouri. Presentation published, 03/23/2012.
- Cross-Institutional Study of Communities of Inquiry (CoI) in Blended and Online Composition. Project Lead: Natalie Stillman-Webb. Collaborators: Mary Stewart, Jennifer Cunningham, Lyra Hilliard. Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Kent State internal grants 04/01/2017 - present. Total Budget: $1,500.00.
- Writing 1010 Retention and Attrition Study. Project Lead: Jennifer Andrus. Collaborators: Christie Toth, Rachel Jardine, Barbara Ochoa. 09/09/2014 - 09/2015.
- Online Writing Pedagogy (WRTG 6050) Hybrid Course Development. Project Lead: Natalie Stillman-Webb. University of Utah Teaching and Learning Technologies Course Development Grant 04/21/2014 - 08/20/2014. Total Budget: $5,000.00.
- Audio Recording and Transcription Equipment. Project Lead: Jennifer Andrus. Collaborators: Maureen Mathison, Thomas. University of Utah Teaching Grant 11/2010 - 11/2011. Total Budget: $1,539.00.
- Writing in the Health Sciences (WRTG 7080) Development. Project Lead: Natalie Stillman-Webb. University of Utah Technology Assisted Curriculum Center Fellowship for Online Course Development 04/01/2010 - 08/01/2010. Total Budget: $5,000.00.
- Creating a Multimodal Resource for Advanced Academic Writing. Project Lead: Maureen Mathison. Collaborators: Thomas Huckin, Jay Jordan. University of Utah Interdisciplinary Research Grant 01/2009 - 01/2011. Total Budget: $6,000.00.