Associate Professor, School Of Biological Sciences
- Advanced Light Source.
Evaluate and score beam line request applications.
01/01/2001 - present
- Journals, Various.
Reviewer for manuscripts submitted to the following journals: Biochemistry, Biochemical Journal, Chirality, FEBS letters, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology, Journal of Molecular Biology, Journal of Molecular Structure, Nucleic Acids Research, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Journal of Chemical Education, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, PLoS ONE, Molecular Pharmacology.
01/2000 - present
- Graduate Program Admissions Committee .
07/2021 - present.
- Molecular Biologist, Molecular Plant Biologist Search Committee .
11/01/2020 - 08/31/2021.
- College of Science Academic Appeals Committee and Academic Misconduct
08/01/2020 - 07/31/2023.
- Diversity Fellows Mentor .
07/2019 - present.
- Biological Chemistry steering committee, Biology Representative .
06/2019 - present.
- SBS Graduate Program admissions committee .
06/2019 - 06/2021.
- MCEB Capstone Exam.
03/2018 - 05/2019.
- Examination committee for MCEB first year students.
01/08/2018 - 04/30/2018.
- Honors Biology Faculty Advisor.
07/01/2016 - 04/30/2017.
- Honors Thesis Committee and Biology Honors Advisor .
08/25/2014 - 04/30/2017.
- MCEB Faculty Advisor.
01/2014 - 12/31/2019.
- Biology Department Graduate Program admissions committee 2013-2014.
08/26/2013 - 04/30/2014.
- University Writing Board.
08/01/2013 - present.
- Biological Chemistry steering committee, Biology Representative 2011-2015.
Biology Department representative,
06/01/2011 - 06/2015.
- Biology Department Graduate Program committee.
01/2009 - present.
- Community Engaged Learning (CEL). In collaboration with Amy Sibul, the Biology department coordinator for community engaged learning projects, I helped create a service-based learning module for the Biological Chemistry I course I teach Spring semesters. Initially, about 20 students (~10%) opt to earn a CEL designation by delivering a project to local schools or groups that relates to concepts taught in the course. This work involves working with the administration to create an opt-in CEL component., selecting students, guiding the conceptual design of projects, helping to obtain specialized materials needed for projects, participation in discussions with CEL students, imparting an understanding of fundamental basis for experiments and demonstrations, and hands-on engagement to deliver projects when needed. The CEL component of the course has grown substantially over the recent years with over 40 students engaged with their community in 2020.
01/01/2013 - present
Honors & Awards
- Beckman Research Mentorship.
American Crystallographic Association
06/01/1998 - present