I have a broad research interest in the role nutrition has to prevent and treat diseases of the cardiovascular system. My current projects are centered around the mechanisms in which the ratio of dietary fat and carbohydrates can modulate blood pressure during hypertension, and the efficacy and mechanism of action in which various phytochemicals may be used to treat hypertension.
- Bachelor of Science, BS, Ohio State University Main Cam
- Master of Science, MS, Ohio State University Main Cam
- Doctor of Philosophy, PH D, Ohio State University Main Cam
- Post-doctoral educaiton: , Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH. Project: Research Fellow, 06-1997 to 12-1998.
- Post-doctoral education:, Cancer Biology, Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, M. Project: Research Fellow, Department of Cancer Biology, 1-1996 to 6-1997.
Thunder Jalili received his Ph.D. from The Ohio State University in Nutrition with specialization in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. Following graduate school Dr. Jalili completed postdoctoral fellowships at The Harvard School of Public Health in the Department of Cancer Biology, and at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center in the Division of Cardiology. He joined the faculty at the University of Utah in 1999 and is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Nutrition & Integrated Physiology and Director of Graduate Studies.