- https://www.amazon.com/Fiver-Psychology-Rabbits-Frank-Page/dp/1493794868/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472493676&sr=8-1&keywords=Fiver+and+the+Psychology+of+Rabbits. Published, 08/01/2014.
- Dr. Frank J. Page (2014). William James. (pp. 2431 -2435). Vol. V. Blackwell American Sociological Encyclopedia. Published, 01/10/2014.
- Dr. Frank J. Page (1996). Stars and Stripes and other Signs of Life. Journal of Creative Social Discourse. Vol. 1, 22. Published, 05/05/1996.
- Dr. Frank J. Page (1994). Dancing at the North Yard Cafe. Journal of Creative discourse. Vol. 1. Published, 11/19/1994.
- Dr. Frank J. Page (1994). Morality and the Mediation of Machines. Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery. Published, 06/06/1994.
If you're thinking about taking one of my classes or contacting me, please let me introduce myself. i've been teaching sociology for about 20 years and I find it meaningful and fun. I received my Ph.D from the University of Utah, and I am a generlist at heart, and eclectic in that I draw from many theoretical schools and methods. I study sociology because it affords me a broad understanding of human nature. In more ways than one, the sociologist C. Wright Mills is my mentor, and I am guided by the principles he lays out in his book "The Sociological Imagination." Essentially, I am an enlightenment scholar, and my goal is to empower people through knowledge about society and the relationship between society and individual well-being. My assumption is that understanding the nature of society and it's impact on human beings will lead to better, more insightful, and compassionate decisions at both the private and public level.
My areas of specialization are Social Thoery, Social Psychology, and Sociology of Religion. In my research, I have addressed many diverse topics that include alienation, the nature of self, religion, technology, movies, and speceism. I have taught a variety of classes that include Social Theory, Social Psychology, Sociology of Religion, Sociology Through Film, Research Methods, Criminology, Social Problems, Marriage and Family, and Rural Sociology. In my teaching, i focus on the application of sociology to the real world, and I use a variety of resources that include current research, literature, history, music, art, movies, and humor.
- Weber's Iron Cage of Reality and Milgram's Agentic State: Why Good People Sometimes do Bad Things and Sometimes Not. Conference Paper, Presented, 04/07/2023.
- Charles Cooley on Self, Sentiment and Society. Conference Paper, Accepted, 11/10/2018.
- PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS Modern Religion Symposium, Panelist, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Park City, Utah, Nov. 12th, 2015 . Conference Paper, Accepted, 09/12/2015.
- Fiver and the Psychology of Rabbits. Frank J. Page, 03/31/2014. Book I published.
- Fiver and the Psychology of Rabbits. 02/01/2014. Novel.
- United States of America
I would like to tour the States in the U.S. that I have not been to, and someday teach a course for the Semester at Sea program see much of the world while teaching sociology. While doing that I would record notes in a journal that I may use as post-modern view of America and the world in terms of trends and development and ecological awareness.