Distinguished Professor, Chemistry
David P. Gardner Presidential Chair Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, Chemistry
- National Academy of Sciences.
Editorial Board (Chemistry).
01/01/2021 - present
Chair, Pacifichem Congress .
01/2011 - 12/2015
Editorial Board, Chemical & Engineering News.
01/2001 - 01/2014
Councillor, Salt Lake Section,.
01/1998 - present
Honors & Awards
- Awarded the American Institute of Chemists Gold Medal.
- Elected Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors.
National Academy of Inventors,
- Honorary Doctorate.
Texas A&M University,
- 2016 Chinese Government "International Cooperation Award in Science and Technology" (Chinese equivalent to the U.S. National Medal of Science).
- 2015 Chinese Government "Friendship Award" (Highest Chinese Award to foreigners).
- 2015 D.H.L. honoris causa, Doctor of Humane Letters, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois.
- 2014 Award for International Scientific Cooperation of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- 2014 D.Sc. honoris causa, Honorary Doctorate, Technion, Haifa, Israel.
- Priestley Medal.
- National Medal of Science.
In the Media
- local and national radio, TV and newspaper coverage of receipt of the National Medal of Science. 10/21/2011.