M.S. & Ph.D. students
- Central America
Field work in Guatemala.
Society of Economic Geology Student Chapter at UofU March Field trip with 12 students to porphyry copper deposits and gold deposits.
Society of Economic Geology Foundation International Field trip October 2012.
Society of Economic Geologist Foundation International Field Course leader May 2012 10 days, 16 student participants and 4 professional VMS deposits of Portugal.
Society of Economic Geologist Foundation International Field Course leader May 2012 10 days, 16 student participants and 4 professional VMS deposits of Spain.
- Harding, S.C., Ekdale, A.A., Petersen, E.U., Nash, B.P., Dyar, M.D., 2013, Ichnology and Mineralogy of the Main Glauconite Bed, Claiborne Group, Middle Eocene, Texas, Paleoenvironmental Implications: Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions, v. 63, p. 549-554. Published, 09/06/2103.
- Hill, S., Petersen, E.U. and Chan, M.A., 2015, Humic-acid and bacterial control of mineralization at a tabular sandstone uranium deposit Sahara Mine, Utah, Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, Boston GSA Abstracts with Program, v. 47, no. 7, 392. Published, 09/02/2015.
- Petersen, E.U. and Chávez, W.X., Jr., 2015, Copper-Gold-Silver-Molybdenum Metallogney of Northern Chile. March 6-16 SEGF STUDENT FIELD TRIP 14 GUIDEBOOK, J.S Thoms, B.R Putnam III and K.G. Reidell, Eds. 68 p. Published, 07/01/2015.
- W.X. Chávez, Jr. and E. U. Petersen, 2015, Copper-Gold-Silver-Molybdenum Metallogeny of Northern Chile, SEG Newsletter, 102, 38-39. March 6-14. 14th SEG Foundation Student Field Course; 22 participants from 8 countries and 16 universities. Published, 07/01/2015.
- Safarzadeh, M.S. Miller, J.D. and Petersen, E.U., 2014, Effects of sulfuric acid dosage on the baking of an enargite concentrate. Minerals & Metallurgical Processing, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 193-199. Published, 11/21/2014.
- Sherie, C.H., Nash, B.P., Petersen, E.U., Ekdale, A.A., Dyer, D., Bradbury, C., 2014, Mineralogy and Geochemistry of Green Marine Sediments in the Middle Eocene of Texas: Paleoenvironmental Implications for the Verdine Facies. PlosOne, EMID:3dd7bb337b6e395f, publication date of Feb 04 2014 12:00AM. Published, 02/04/2014.
- Chavez, W.X., Jr and Petersen, E.U., 2013, Precious Metal Deposits of the Southwestern U.S. Society of Economic Geologists Foundation International Field Course, SEG Newsletter, 94, 27. Published, 07/2013.
- Chan, M.A., Potter, S.L., Bowen, B.B., Petersen, E.U., Parry, W. T., Bowman, J.R., Barge, L., and Seiler, W., 2012, Characteristics of terrestrial ferric oxide concretions and implications for Mars, in Grotzinger, J. and Milliken, R., Sedimentary geology of Mars: SEPM Special Publication 102, p. 253-270. Published, 11/2012.
- Potter, S.L., Chan, M.A., Petersen, E.U., Dyar, M.D., Sklute, E., 2011, Characterization of Navajo Sandstone concretions: Mars comparison and criteria for distinguishing diagenetic origins, 2011, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 301, 444–456. Published, 12/2011.
- Porter, J., Bartley, J., Petersen, E., and Barra, F., 2011, Timing of the Pine Creek tungsten skarn and the causative Morgan Creek pluton, California: Implications for ore genesis and regional geology, Great Basin Evolution and Metallogeny, Vols. I and II, 397-417. Published, 05/2010.