Assistant Professor, Political Science Department
- Bussing, A., Furnas, Z., Ladam, C., McCrain, J., Miller, D. and Porter, R. (2022). The Junior Americanist Workshop Series (JAWS). PS: Political Science and Politics.
- Grossmann, Matt, Jordan, Marty P. & McCrain, Joshua (2021). The Correlates of State Policy and the Structure of State Panel Data. State Politics and Policy Quarterly.
- Martin, Gregory & McCrain, Joshua (2019). The FCC’s hands-off approach to media consolidation means that local news increasingly looks more like Fox News. LSE American Politics and Policy.
- McCrain, Joshua (2019). Memo for the Select Committee on Modernization. Select Committee on Modernization.
- Martin, Gregory & McCrain, Joshua (2019). Local News and National Politics. American Political Science Review.
- Montagnes, Pablo B., Peskowitz, Zachary & McCrain, Joshua (2019). Bounding Partisan Approval Rates Under Endogenous Partisanship: Why Partisan Presidential Approval May be Higher than it Seems. Journal of Politics.
- McCrain, Joshua (2018). Revolving Door Lobbyists and the Value of Congressional Staff Connections. Journal of Politics.
- McCrain, Joshua & Martin, Gregory (2018). Yes, Sinclair Broadcast Group does cut local news, increase national news and tilt its stations rightward. The Washington Post, The Monkey Cage Blog.
- McCrain, Joshua (2018). Convincing evidence that congressional staff do, in fact, matter . LegBranch.com.
- McCrain, Joshua (2017). Cashing In On Connections: For Congressional Staff-Turned-Lobbyists, Who You Know Matters. LegBranch.com.
- McCrain, Joshua (2017). What does Donald Trump need for a successful presidency? Bureaucrats. The Washington Post, The Monkey Cage Blog.
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
Cataloging State Legislation.
PI: James Curry, David Carter, Joshua McCrain.
University of Utah Faculty Small Grants Program,
01/10/2022 - present.
Total project budget to date: $6,000.00
Support for Police Reforms.
PI: Joshua McCrain.
University of Utah Faculty Small Grant Program,
01/10/2022 - present.
Total project budget to date: $5,320.00
Representation, Responsiveness, and COVID-19.
PI: William Bianco, Rachel Blum, and Joshua McCrain.
Russell Sage Foundation,
01/01/2022 - present.
Total project budget to date: $138,832.00
- nicknameR: Easy name merging of common nicknames.
Release Date: 04/01/2021.
Inventors: McCrain, Joshua.
- cspp: A Tool for the Correlates of State Policy Project Data.
Release Date: 10/01/2020.
Inventors: Caleb Lucas and Joshua McCrain.