- Jianli Chen, Liang Zhang, Yanfei Li, Yifu Shi, Xinghua Gao & Yuqing Hu (2022). A Review of Computing-based Automated Fault Detection and Diagnosis of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Published, 05/15/2022.
- Zhaoyun Zeng, Jianli Chen*, Godfried Augenbroe (2022). Realization of bi-level optimization of adaptive building envelope with a finite-difference model featuring short execution time and versatility. Energy. Published, 03/15/2022.
- Yuqing Hu, Xiaoyuan Cheng, Suhang Wang, Jianli Chen*, Tianxiang Zhao, Enyan Dai (2022). Times Series Forecasting for Urban Building Energy Consumption Based on Graph Convolutional Network. Applied Energy. Published, 02/01/2022.
- Zhaoyun Zeng, Jianli Chen*, Godfried Augenbroe (2021). Movable Window Insulation as an Instantiation of the Adaptive Building Envelope: An Investigation of its Cost-effectiveness in the US. Energy and Buildings. Published, 09/15/2021.
- Yanfei Li*, Zheng O'Neill, Liang Zhang, Jianli Chen, Piljae Im, Jason DeGraw (2021). Grey-box Modelling and Application for Building Energy Simulations - A critical review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Published, 08/02/2021.
- Liang Zhang*, Jin Wen, Yanfei Li, Jianli Chen, Yunyang Ye, Yangyang Fu, William Livingood (2021). A Review of Machine Learning in Building Load Prediction. Applied Energy. Published, 05/17/2021.
- Jianli Chen, Godfried Augenbroe, Zhaoyun Zeng*, Xinyi Song (2020). Regional Difference and Related Cooling Electricity Savings of Air Pollutant Affected Natural Ventilation Across the US. Building and Environment. Published, 04/01/2020.
- Yanan Liu, Yimin Xiao*, Jianli Chen (2020). Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Solution Multiplicity of Buoyancy Ventilation in a Typical Underground Structure. Building and Environment. Published, 03/02/2020.
- Jianli Chen, Xinghua Gao, Yuqing Hu*, Zhaoyun Zeng & Yanan Liu (2019). A meta-model-based optimization approach for fast and reliable calibration of building energy models. Energy. Published, 12/02/2019.
- Yanan Liu, Yimin Xiao*, Jianli Chen, Tiecheng Zhou, Godfried Augenbroe, Dong Yang (2019). A Network Model for Natural Ventilation Simulation in Deep-Buried Underground Structures. Building and Environment. Published, 09/01/2019.
- Jianli Chen*, Gail Brager, Godfried Augenbroe & Xinyi Song (2018). Impact of Outdoor Air Quality on the Natural Ventilation Usage of Commercial Buildings in the US. Applied Energy. Published, 11/20/2018.
- Jianli Chen*, Godfried Augenbroe & Xinyi Song (2018). Light-weighted Model Predictive Control for Hybrid Ventilation Operation Based on Clusters of Neural Network Models. Automation in Construction. Published, 02/22/2018.
- Jianli Chen*, Godfried Augenbroe & Xinyi Song (2017). Evaluating the Potential of Hybrid Ventilation for Small to Medium sized Office Buildings with Different Intelligent Controls and Uncertainties in US Climates. Energy and Buildings. Published, 12/05/2017.
- Jianli Chen*, Godfried Augenbroe, Qinpeng Wang & Xinyi Song (2017). Uncertainty Analysis of Thermal Comfort in a Prototypical Naturally Ventilated Office Building and Its Implications Compared to Deterministic Simulation. Energy and Buildings. Published, 04/27/2017.
As a building scientist who is endeavoring to enhance human living conditions, I am enthusastic in improving building and urban intelligence through computing and statistical techniques. This intelligence includes sustainability with energy efficiency and renewable energy integration, robustness with resilience and stable performance, and human-centered services with personalization and improvements tailored to occupants’ needs. Currently, the architecture, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry lags behind in adapting to the rapid development of computing power and new techniques, which are capable of dramatically benefitting building stakeholders in numerous ways.