- Rhetorical Ethics
- History and Theory of Rhetoric
- Queer Theory
- Digital Rhetoric
- Video Game Studies
- "Moving Force: Rhetoric and Violence in the time of Solon." American Society for the History of Rhetoric. Baltimore, MD. 2022. Conference Paper, Presented, 05/2022.
- "Demanding a Safe Space: Racial (In)Sensitivity on Campus." Rhetoric Society of America. Baltimore, MD. 2022. Conference Paper, Presented, 05/2022.
- "Welcome to the University: Of Hospitality in Higher Education." Building Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Symposium. University of Utah, November 6, 2021. Presentation, Presented, 11/06/2021.
- "Institutional Sensitivity: Writing the Recent History of Title IX." Conference on College Composition and Communication. Spokane, WA. April 2021. (Conference moved online due to Covid-19). Conference Paper, Presented, 04/2021.
- Kendall Gerdes (2022). Twisted Together: Twine Games as Solidarity Machines. (pp. 242-261). University Press of Colorado/Utah State University Press. Published, 01/2022.
- Kendall Gerdes (2022). Campus Carry, Academic Freedom, and Rhetorical Sensitivity. (pp. 225-251). University Press of Colorado/Utah State University Press. Published, 01/2022.
- Kendall Gerdes, Melissa Beal & Sean Cain (2020). Writing a Videogame: Rhetoric, Revision, and Reflection. Prompt: A Journal of Academic Writing Assignments. Vol. 4, 3-12.
- Andrea Alden, Kendall Gerdes, Judy Holiday & Ryan Skinnell (2019). Reinventing (with) Theory in Rhetoric and Writing Studies. (pp. 407). University Press of Colorado/Utah State University Press. Published, 10/2019.