- De Micheli, David & Whitney Taylor (2022). Public Trust in Latin America’s Courts: Do Institutions Matter?. Government and Opposition. Accepted, 01/2022.
- De Micheli, David & Kenneth Roberts, Jose Sanchez Gomez (2021). Tenuous Pacts and Multiparty Coalitions: The Politics of Presidential Impeachment in Latin America. Journal of Latin American Studies. Accepted, 11/2021.
- Junge, Benjamin & Sean Mitchell, Charles Klein, David De Micheli (2021). What Happened to the ‘New Middle Class’? The 2016 BORP (Brazil’s Once-Rising Poor) Survey. Latin American Research Review. Accepted, 09/2021.
- De Micheli, David (2021). Racial Reclassification and Political Identity Formation. World Politics. Vol. 73(1), 1-51.
- De Micheli, David (2018). The Racialized Effects of Social Programs in Brazil. Latin American Politics and Society. Vol. 60(1).
My research revolves around substantive interests in identity, inequality, and citizenship, with a regional focus on Latin America. Broadly, I am interested in the processes of identity politicization, the causes and consequences of inequality, and how these shape the quality and exercise of citizenship. In my published an on-going research, I rely on quantitative and qualitative methods to make theoretical and empirical contributions to these areas of study.
- Race and Ethnicity
- Identity Politics
- Latin America
- Corruption Scandals and Judicial Trust: Evidence from Brazil, LASA. Conference Paper, Accepted, 12/2021.
- Bolsonaro and "the Black Vote": Lessons from Brazil's 2018 Election, LASA. Conference Paper, Accepted, 12/2021.
- Bolsonaro and "the Black Vote": Lessons from Brazil's 2018 Election, BRASA. Conference Paper, Accepted, 12/2021.
- Public Trust in Latin America’s Courts: Do Institutions Matter?, APSA. Conference Paper, Presented, 09/2021.
- Changes in Black Politics in Latin America, Charlemos series, LASA. Panel, Presented, 07/2021.
- David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University. Presentation, Other, 04/06/2021.
- Latin American Studies Program, Cornell University. Presentation, Presented, 10/19/2020.
- American Political Science Association. Conference Paper, Presented, 09/09/2020.
- Portuguese, fluent.
- Spanish, functional.
- Latin America and the Caribbean