- De Micheli, David (2021). Racial Reclassification and Political Identity Formation. World Politics. Vol. 73(1), 1-51.
- De Micheli, David (2018). The Racialized Effects of Social Programs in Brazil. Latin American Politics and Society. Vol. 60(1).
My research revolves around substantive interests in identity, inequality, and citizenship, with a regional focus on Latin America. Broadly, I am interested in the processes of identity politicization, the causes and consequences of inequality, and how these shape the quality and exercise of citizenship. In my published an on-going research, I rely on quantitative and qualitative methods to make theoretical and empirical contributions to these areas of study.
- Ethnic and Identity Politics
- Latin America
- David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University. Presentation, Other, 04/06/2021.
- Latin American Studies Program, Cornell University. Presentation, Presented, 10/19/2020.
- American Political Science Association. Conference Paper, Presented, 09/09/2020.
- Portuguese, fluent.
- Spanish, functional.
- Latin America and the Caribbean