My primary research focuses on the chemistry of Earth and planetary interiors with a particular emphasis on the role of magma and magma generation process on the differentiation and chemical evolution of terrestrial planets. I use experimental devices such as piston cylinder and one atmosphere furncaces for simulating high pressure-temperature conditions relevant for planetary interiors and various analytical techniques (EMPA, SEM, LA-ICP-MS, FTIR, TIMS) to characterize synthesized and natural samples. Because one limiting aspect of solid-media apparatus is that all experiments are performed in closed-systems, I also use innovative experimental strategies to investigate new topics: simulation of magma circulation, magma-rock interaction or melt segregation, and I use thermodynamic modelling to extrapolate my data and/or as support for semi-empirical models.
- Mantle heterogeneity
- Magma transport
- Magma genesis
- Igneous petrology
- English, fluent.
- French, fluent.
- Sarah Lambart (2017). No direct contribution of recycled crust in Icelandic basalts. Geochemical Perspectives Letters. Vol. 4, 7-12.
- Sarah Lambart, Michael B. Baker & Edward M. Stolper (2016). The role of pyroxenite in basalt genesis: Melt-PX, a melting parameterization for mantle pyroxenites between 0.9 and 5 GPa. Journal of Geophysical Research - Solid Earth. Vol. 121, 5708–5735.
- Didier Laporte, Sarah Lambart, Pierre Schiano & Luisa Ottolini (2014). Experimental derivation of nepheline syenite and phonolite liquids by partial melting of upper mantle peridotites. Earth and Planetary Sciences Letters. Vol. 404, 319-331.
- Oliver Shorttle, John Maclennan & Sarah Lambart (2014). Quantifying lithological variability in the mantle. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. Vol. 395, 24-40.
- Sarah Lambart, Didier Laporte & Pierre Schiano (2012). Markers of the pyroxenite contribution on the major-element compositions of oceanic basalts: Review of the experimental constraints. (pp. 14-36). Vol. 160161. Lithos.
- Sarah Lambart, Didier Laporte , Ariel Provost & Pierre Schiano (2012). Fate of pyroxenite-derived melts in the peridotitic mantle: Thermodynamic and experimental constraints. Journal of Petrology. Vol. 53, 451-476.
- Sarah Lambart, Didier Laporte & Pierre Schiano (2009). An experimental study of pyroxenite partial melts at 1 and 1.5 GPa: Implications for the major element composition of Mid-Ocean Ridge Basalts. Earth and Planetary Science Letters. Vol. 288, 335-347.
- Sarah Lambart, Didier Laporte & Pierre Schiano (2008). An experimental study of focused magma transport and basalt-peridotite interactions beneath mid-ocean ridges: implications for the generation of primitive MORB compositions. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology. Vol. 157, 429-451.