Assistant Professor, School Of Dance
Role: Board member.
03/08/2022 - present
- Utah Ballet Choreographic Institute.
The University of Utah School of Dance houses one of the leading ballet programs in higher education. This nationally acclaimed program is committed to the future of ballet, and believes that the future of ballet hinges on the cultivation of emerging ballet choreographers. We as a program want to support the artists who are examining how they can make progress within the artform and those that are asking the question “Where is ballet going?” To that end, the University of Utah School of Dance was excited to announce the formation of the University of Utah Ballet Choreographic Institute.
08/23/2021 - present
- Academic Senate.
08/16/2021 - 05/10/2024.
- Search Committee for the School of Dance Musical Director.
08/16/2021 - 05/06/2022.
- Assisting in planning the College of Fine Arts 75th Anniversary celebration.
Task Force Member,
08/01/2021 - present.
- Member of the CFA College Council.
08/17/2020 - 05/06/2022.
- University Research Opportunities Program.
Served as a proposal reviewer for the Office of Undergraduate Research,
08/17/2020 - 12/31/2020.
- Executive Committee.
01/07/2019 - 07/01/2021.
- Search Committee.
01/07/2019 - 04/15/2019.
- Student Request Committee.
08/20/2018 - 07/01/2021.
- Pedagogy Curriculum Committee.
08/20/2018 - 08/19/2019.
- Ballet Program Head.
07/09/2018 - 07/01/2021.
- Ballet Program Production Committee.
Committee Member ,
01/08/2018 - 04/22/2019.
Honors & Awards
- I was chosen as a semi-finalist in the national choreography competition. The winner will be given a commission to create a new work in New York City on J CHEN PROJECT in 2021.
J CHEN PROJECT Core Choreography Competition Semi-Finalist,
- My work UNCOVERED was chosen as a finalist and will be presented in the upcoming Palm Desert Choreography Festival at the McCallum Theatre in Palm Desert, CA, in November of 2021.
McCallum Theatre Choreography Festival Finalist,
In the Media