- Nguyen TL, Pradeep S, Judson-Torres RL, Reed J, Teitell MA & Zangle TA (2022). Quantitative Phase Imaging: Recent Advances and Expanding Potential in Biomedicine. ACS nano. Vol. 16, 11516-11544. Published, 07/14/2022.
- Lange D, Polanco ER, Judson-Torres R, Zangle TA & Lex A (2021). Loon: Using Exemplars to Visualize Large-Scale Microscopy Data. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. Vol. 28. Published, 09/29/2021.
- Pradeep S, Tasnim T, Zhang H & Zangle TA (2021). Simultaneous measurement of neurite and neural body mass accumulation via quantitative phase imaging. The Analyst. Vol. 146, 1361-1368. Published, 05/01/2021.
- Polanco ER, Griffin J & Zangle TA (2021). Fabrication and Bonding of Refractive Index Matched Microfluidics for Precise Measurements of Cell Mass. Polymers. Vol. 13. Published, 02/05/2021.
- Huang D, Roy IJ, Murray GF, Reed J, Zangle TA & Teitell MA (2019). Identifying fates of cancer cells exposed to mitotic inhibitors by quantitative phase imaging. The Analyst. Vol. 145, 97-106. Published, 11/14/2019.
- Suss ME & Mani A (2019). Electroosmotic pump performance is affected by concentration polarizations of both electrodes and pump. Sensors and actuators. A, Physical. Vol. 165, 310-315. Published, 11/01/2019.
- Lynnea R. Waters, Fasih M. Ahsan, Johanna ten Hoeve, Jason S. Hong, Diane N.H. Kim, Aspram Minasyan, Daniel Braas, Thomas G. Graeber, Thomas A. Zangle & Michael A. Teitell (2019). Ampk Regulates IgD Expression but not Energy Stress with B Cell Activation. Scientific Reports. Vol. 9, 8176. Published, 06/03/2019.
- Edward R. Polanco, Nicholas Western & Thomas A. Zangle (2018). Fabrication of refractive-index-matched devices for biomedical microfluidics. Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE). Vol. 139, e58296. Published, 09/10/2018.
- Mitchell S, Roy K, Zangle TA & Hoffmann A (2018). Nongenetic origins of cell-to-cell variability in B lymphocyte proliferation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol. 115, E2888-E2897.
- Huang D, Leslie KA, Guest D, Yeshcheulova O, Roy IJ, Piva M, Moriceau G, Zangle TA, Lo RS, Teitell MA & Reed J (2018). High-Speed Live-Cell Interferometry: A New Method for Quantifying Tumor Drug Resistance and Heterogeneity. Analytical chemistry. Vol. 90, 3299-3306.
- Kim D. (2017). Soft lithography fabrication of index-matched microfluidic devices for reducing artifacts in fluorescence and quantitative phase imaging. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics. Vol. 22, 1-11.
- Kim DN & Teitell MA (2016). Hybrid random walk-linear discriminant analysis method for unwrapping quantitative phase microscopy images of biological samples. Journal of biomedical optics. Vol. 20, 111211. Published, 06/01/2016.
- Zangle TA (2015). Live-cell mass profiling: an emerging approach in quantitative biophysics. Nature methods. Vol. 11, 1221-8. Published, 01/01/2015.
- Zangle TA & Chun J (2014). Quantification of biomass and cell motion in human pluripotent stem cell colonies. Biophysical journal. Vol. 105, 593-601. Published, 03/01/2014.
- Chun J, Zangle TA & Kolarova T (2013). Rapidly quantifying drug sensitivity of dispersed and clumped breast cancer cells by mass profiling. The Analyst. Vol. 137, 5495-8. Published, 12/01/2013.
- Reed J, Chun J, Zangle TA & Kalim S (2011). Rapid, massively parallel single-cell drug response measurements via live cell interferometry. Biophysical journal. Vol. 101, 1025-31. Published, 12/01/2011.
- Zangle TA (2010). Effects of constant voltage on time evolution of propagating concentration polarization. Analytical chemistry. Vol. 82, 3114-7. Published, 06/01/2010.
- Zangle TA (2010). Theory and experiments of concentration polarization and ion focusing at microchannel and nanochannel interfaces. Chemical Society reviews. Vol. 39, 1014-35. Published, 05/01/2010.
- Mani A (2009). On the propagation of concentration polarization from microchannel-nanochannel interfaces. Part I: Analytical model and characteristic analysis. Langmuir : the ACS journal of surfaces and colloids. Vol. 25, 3898-908. Published, 09/01/2009.
- Zangle TA (2009). On the propagation of concentration polarization from microchannel-nanochannel interfaces. Part II: Numerical and experimental study. Langmuir : the ACS journal of surfaces and colloids. Vol. 25, 3909-16. Published, 09/01/2009.
The Zangle Lab applies the principles of fluid mechanics and mass transport to study transport in single cells using both established and emerging microscopy techniques. Current work focuses on the use of quantitative phase imging (QPI) to quantify mass distributions within single cells and multicellular clusters. The resulting measurements can be used to assess the total mass of, or the transport of mass within, individual cancer cells.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Cancer Biology
- Breast Cancer
Research Equipment and Testing Expertise
- My lab works with quantitative phase microscopy, a label free method to measure the mass of single, living cells.
- Multiparametric QPI. Software to compute multiparametric responses from QPI data. Release Date: 10/01/2021. Inventors: Edward Polanco, Tarek Moustafa, and Thomas Zangle. Distribution List: https://github.com/Zangle-Lab/MultiparametricQPI.
- Quantitative Phase Velocimetry. Software for computing velocity vectors within cells. Release Date: 08/05/2021. Inventors: Soorya Pradeep and Thomas Zangle. Distribution List: https://github.com/Zangle-Lab/Quantitative_Phase_Velocimetry.