- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar (2020). The Hidden Costs of Bargaining: Evidence from A Cheating-Prone Marketplace. International Economic Review. Accepted, 02/15/2020.
- Subhasish Dugar & Haimanti Bhattacharya (2019). Can concerns for social status mitigate the “Lemons Problem”? Experimental evidence from the Indian caste hierarchy. Journal of South Asian Development. Vol. 14, 151–179. Published, 08/01/2019.
- Subhasish Dugar & Quazi Shahriar and Arnab Mitra (2019). Deception: The Role of Uncertain Consequences . European Economic Review. Vol. 114, 1-18. Published, 05/01/2019.
- Subhasish Dugar & Quazi Shahriar (2018). Restricted and Free-form Cheap-Talk and the Scope for Efficient Coordination . Games and Economic Behavior. Accepted, 01/01/2018.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar (2017). Fishy Behavior: The Nature and Extent of Dishonesty in the Marketplace . Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics. Vol. 67, 41-55. Published, 04/01/2017.
- Subhasish Dugar & Arnab Mitra (2016). Bertrand Competition with Asymmetric Marginal Costs. Economic Inquiry. Vol. 54(3), 1631-1647. Published, 02/01/2016.
- Rosa Hendijani & Subhasish Dugar, Diane P. Bischak, Joseph Arva (2016). External Reward, and Their Effect on Overall Motivation and Performance . Human Performance. Vol. 29(4), 251-274. Published, 01/01/2016.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar (2014). Partnership Formation: The Role of Social Status. Management Science. Vol. 60(5), 1130-1147. Published, 02/01/2014.
- Subhasish Dugar (2013). Non-monetary Incentives and Opportunistic Behavior: Evidence from a Laboratory Public Good Game. Economic Inquiry. Vol. 51(2), 1374-1388. Published, 02/01/2013.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar (2013). Contest for Ranks. Southern Economic Journal,. Vol. 79(3), 621-638. Published, 02/01/2013.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar and David Reiley (2012). Can't Buy Me Love? A Field Experiment Exploring the Trade-off Between Income and Caste-Status in an Indian Matrimonial Market. Economic Inquiry. Vol. 50(2), 534-550. Published, 02/01/2012.
- Subhasish Dugar & Quazi Shahriar (2012). Focal Points and Economic Efficiency: The Role of Relative Label Salience . Southern Economic Journal. Vol. 78(3), 954. Published, 02/01/2012.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Subhasish Dugar (2012). Status Incentives and Performance . Managerial and Decision Economics. Vol. 33(7), 549-563. Published, 02/01/2012.
- Subhasish Dugar & Quazi Shahriar (2012). Group Identity and the Moral Hazard Problem: Experimental Evidence. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy. Vol. 21(4), 1061-1081. Published, 02/01/2012.
- Subhasish Dugar (2010). Non-monetary Sanctions and Rewards in An Experimental Coordination Game. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization. Vol. 73(3), 377-386. Published, 02/01/2010.
- Amnon Rapoport & Subhasish Dugar, Tamar Kugler and Eyran Gisches (2009). Choice of Routes in Congested Traffic Networks: Experimental Tests of the Braess Paradox . Games and Economic Behavior. Vol. 65(2), 538-571. Published, 02/01/2009.
- Amnon Rapoport & Subhasish Dugar, Tamar Kugler and Eyran Gisches (2008). Brass Paradox in the Laboratory: An Experimental Study of Route Choice in Traffic Networks with Asymmetric Costs. (pp. 309-337). Vol. 21(IV), Decision Modeling and Behavior in Complex and Uncertain Environments, Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Springer. Published, 02/01/2008.
- Subhasish Dugar (2007). Price-Matching Guarantees and Equilibrium Selection in a Homogeneous Product Market: An Experimental Study. Review of Industrial organization. Vol. 30(2), 107-119. Published, 02/01/2007.
- Subhasish Dugar & Todd Sorensen (2006). Hassle Costs, Price-Matching Guarantees and Competition. Review of Industrial organization. Vol. 28(4), 359-378. Published, 02/01/2006.
I conduct economics experiments to study human behavior in strategic settings.
- Laboratory or Field Experiments, Behavioral Economics, Applied Game Theory.
- ESA North American Meeting, Los Angeles, USA. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 10/03/2019.
- XLRI, Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur, India . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 07/12/2019.
- Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, Xiamen University, China. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 06/12/2019.
- Bay Area Behavioral and Experimental Economics Workshop (BABEEW), San Francisco, USA. Conference Paper, Refereed, Presented, 04/04/2019.
- York University, Toronto, Canada. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/15/2019.
- American Economic Association Meeting, Atlanta, USA. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/02/2019.
- English, fluent.
Geographical Regions of Interest