Assistant Professor, Elect & Computer Engineering
Adjunct Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Associate Professor, Elect & Computer Engineering
Honors & Awards
- Advisee (M. Cardenas): $5,000 Micron Scholarship. Micron.
- Advisee (K. Powell, Y. Hsu): Best Poster Award at Microscopy and Microanalysis (M&M) International Conference.
Microscopy and Microanalysis,
- NSF CAREER Award (Yoon).
National Science Foundation,
- Advisee (O. Lam): Selection for “Research on Capitol Hill”.
University of Utah,
- Advisee (D. Segovia): EE Outstanding Student Researcher Award.
- Advisee (D. Collett): Outstanding Senior Project Award.
University of Utah,
- Best Mentor Award (Yoon).
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology,
In the Media
- [ECE News] $5,000 Micron Award in Working for Nanofabrication, (mentee) M. Cardenas. 2021.
- [M&M, ECE News] Best Poster Award at the Microscopy and Microanalysis (M&M) International Conference, Mentee: K. Powell, Y. Hsu. 2021.
- [ECE News] NSF CAREER Awardee of 2021, Yoon. 2021.
- [UU Website, ECE News] 2021 Selection for “Research on Capitol Hill”, (mentee) O. Lam, University of Utah. 2020.
- [Department of Energy’s website] The Solar Energy Technology Office (SETO) announces $128
million in funding for 75 projects in the program. Twenty-one of these projects focus on PV
research and development. Prof. Yoon's two project are described on the website. 2020.
- [Journal COVER] D. J. Magginetti, J. A. Aguiar, J. R. Winger, M. A. Scarpulla, E. Pourshaban, and H. P. Yoon, “Water-Assisted Lift-Off of Polycrystalline CdS/CdTe Thin-films Using Heterogeneous Interfacial Engineering”, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 1900300 (2019). 2019.
- [Journal COVER] Y. Yoon, J. Chae, A. M. Katzenmeyer, H. Yoon, J. Schumacher, S. An, A. Centrone, N. Zhitenev, “Nanoscale Imaging and Spectroscopy of Band Gap and Defects in Polycrystalline Photovoltaic Devices”, Nanoscale 9, 7771 (2017). 2017.
- [Sandia Labs News Releases] Pioneering path to electrical conductivity in ‘Tinkertoy’ materials to appear in Science . 2013.
- [NIST Tech Beat] New Quantum Dot Technique Combines Best of Optical and Electron Microscopy
[AIP Advanced] Featured Article. 2013.