Ambu/Inpat SIM Women
- American College of Nurse Midwives. 06/01/2018 - present. Position : Vice President of Utah Affiliate.
- Utah Affiliate of American College of Nurse Midwives. 08/1998 - present. Position : Member.
- American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM). 09/1996 - present. Position : Vice President of local Utah affiliate.
- Certified Nurse Midwife, Clinical Instructor, BirthCare HealthCare, Univeristy of Utah, College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT Full Scope women's healthcare, preceptor to students. Others. 09/01/2013 - present .
- "There is no one as good as you! Trust me. I've had 4 births with 4 different medical professionals in various states. You win!" ~ Patient who had a waterbirth in 2019. 12/13/2019.
- "Julie King is my absolute favorite midwife. No one cares as deeply as she does about their patients. This woman is amazing." "Julie is great." - shared by Gary J. Faerber, MD, FACS Exec Medical Director, SJHC . 09/2019.
- "Julie, Happy International Midwfery Day and Mother's Day! 2000+ mothers, countless patients, students and co-workers all owe a portion of their joy to the spirit that is you. Thank you for being such a wonderful role model of love, kindness, respect, motherhood and midwifery!" - a student. 05/2019.
- "Julie king provides a level of care that is unlike any other provider I have seen. She truly shows genuine concern and regard to her patients and appears to enjoy her work." "I was taken back 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment. Julie popped her head in herself to let me know she would be a few minutes late which I appreciated." - shared by Gary J. Faerber, MD, FACS Exec Medical Director, SJHC . 03/2019.
- Nationally ranked in top 10% for patient satisfaction. 02/2018.
- Number 2 patient comment this week- 9/11-9/17/2016: She was wonderful! After trying numerous providers I finally feel like I have found one I would like to return to and keep for years to come! She was friendly, polite, eased my stress level and took time to answer all of my questions. She made me feel genuinely cared for as she took her time to explain my condition, review the prescription she was sending me away with and didn't seemed rushed at all. It was a wonderful experience! I finally felt comfortable and respected! from a patient perspective! I would absolutely recommend this practice moving forward (and actually already have)! The practice and facility were spotless! –South Jordan Health Center, Julie King, CNM. 09/16/2016.
My teaching philosophy is to mostly be a "guide on the side" and occasionally the "sage on the stage." This means helping sutdents learn as they go and from the variety of experiences available. After discussion, we will discuss both the research and the anecdotal evidence or informaiton with emphasis on research. I often encourage students that if they have pbserved or heard of something anecdotal related to women's health, this is a great opportunity to review the research or for them in their role as DNPs conduct and publish new research. This is the exciting part of teaching graduate students who are very enthusiastic and eager to learn daily.
- Nurs 7614/7615 Guest Lecturer. 06/2016 - 06/2016