- "How to Integrate Climate Policy, Energy Access, and Sustainable Development", Speech at J. Bonner Ritchie Dialogue on Peace and Justice, Utah Valley University. Presentation released 03/21/2013.
- “Earthland: The World as a Single Country”, Lecture at Oklahoma University. Presentation released 02/20/2013.
- “Resolving the Climate-Development Dilemma”, Lecture to Dream Course, Political Economy, technological Innovation, and Values, University of Oklahoma. Presentation released 02/20/2013.
- "The Future of Sustainable Development", Keynote Address, Special Plenary Session, 15th Annual Sustainable Development Conference, Islamabad, Pakistan. Presentation released 12/15/2012.
- Energy and Economy, Plenary Speech, 2012 Annual Conference, Peace and Justice Studies Association (PJSA), in collaboration with the Fletcher School, Tufts University. Presentation released 10/06/2012.
- 10 11 12 Lecture. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 09/20/2012.
- GCSC Lecture Series. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 08/28/2012.
- Arabic, basic.
- Hindi, functional.
- Persian, basic.
- Urdu, fluent.
I organized a very successful meeting on climate change and sustainable development on behalf of the Government of Algeria and UNDP in October 2011 in Algiers.
- Costa Rica
In September 2009, I was invited by then President Oscar Arias to brief him and selected cabinet members on climate change and sustainable development in the run up to the Copenhagen Climate Summit (December 2009). Besides this I have extensive contacts with academics as well as civil society organizations from Costa Rica.
Ethiopia is the host of the UN's Economic Commission for Africa. During my tenure at the UN, I worked very closely with the senior UN officials in Addis Ababa.
During my tenure at the UN, I organized a highly successful international conference on sustainable development, on behalf of the UN and the Guatemalan Ministry of Environment. I have extensive contacts in the government.
Kenya is the host of two major UN entities, namely UNEP and UN-Habitat. I have a long history of working with both organizations, in my capacity as an independent researcher as well as a UN official.
One of my responsibilities in the UN was to coordinate UN support for the small island development states (SIDS). Mauritius is an active member of SIDS, and I organized a number of meetings there.
During my tenure at the UN, I organized a very successful international conference on sustainable development in Namibia, in February 2009.
Advice on sustainable development, sustainable energy for all, and climate change, to Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan, and also through participation in annual sustainable development conference.
- Republic of Korea
Extensive interaction with government officials, scholars, and United Nations officials, in connection with the establishment of the UN Office for Sustainable Development in Inchon.
One of my responsibilities in the UN was to coordinate UN support for the small island development states (SIDS). Seychelles is an active member of SIDS, and I organized a number of meetings there.
I was the founding Director of the Bangkok Centre of the Stockholm Environment Institute (www.sei.se/asia) from 2004 to 2007. During this tenure, I developed networking relationships with university faculties, United Nations offices, government ministries, and civil society organizations.
- Stephen A. Marglin and Tariq Banuri, What Should a Sustainable Economy Sustain?: The Case for a Just Economy, Development, Vol. 56, Issue 1, pp. 79-85.
- Development, Volume 56: Issue 1.
- Tariq Banuri, "Editorial: Future of Development", Development, Vol. 56, Issue 1, pp. 1-9.
- A Global Programme to Enable Energy Access and Climate Change (with Niclas Hallstrom), in Development Dialogue, no. 61 (September 2012), What Next Vol. III: pp. 264-279. Paper published 09/2012.