Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology Som
- Bhaskara, S., Jacques, V., Rusche, J.R. Olson, E.N., Cairns, B.R. and Chandrasekharan, M.B. (2013) Histone deacetylases 1 and 2 maintain S-phase chromatin and DNA replication fork progression. Epigenetics and Chromatin, 6:27 doi:10.1186/1756-8935-6-27.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Huang, F. and Sun, Z. –W. (2011) Decoding the trans-histone crosstalk: methods to analyze H2B ubiquitination, H3 methylation and their regulatory factors. Methods. 54(3): 304-314.
- Joo, H. −Y., Jones, A., Yang, C., Zhai, L., Smith 4th, A.D., Zhang, Z., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Sun, Z. −W., Renfrow, M., Wang, Y., Chang, C. and Wang, H. (2011) Regulation of histone H2A and H2B deubiquitination and Xenopus development by USP12 and USP46. J. Biol. Chem. 286(9): 7190-7201.
- Bhaskara, S., Knutson, S.K., Jiang G., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Wilson, A.J., Zheng, S., Yenamandra, A., Locke, K., Jia-ling, Y., Bonine-Summers, A.R., Washington, K., Zhou, Z., Sun, Z. –W., Xia, F., Khabele, D. and Hiebert, S.W. (2010) Histone deacetylase 3 is essential for maintenance of chromatin structure and genome stability. Cancer Cell. 18(5): 436-447.
- Huang, F., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Chen, Y. –C., Bhaskara, S., Hiebert, S.W. and Sun, Z. –W. (2010) The JmjN domain of Jhd2 is important for its protein stability and the PHD finger mediates its chromatin association independent of H3K4 methylation. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 24548-24561.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Huang, F. and Sun, Z. –W. (2010) Histone H2B ubiquitination and beyond: regulation of nucleosome stability, chromatin dynamics and the transhistone H3 methylation. Epigenetics. 5(6): 460-468.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Huang, F., Chen, Y. –C. and Sun, Z. –W. (2010) Histone H2B C-terminal helix mediates trans-histone H3K4 methylation independent of H2B ubiquitination. Mol. Cell. Biol. 30: 3216-3232.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Huang, F. and Sun, Z. –W. (2009) Ubiquitination of histone H2B regulates chromatin dynamics by enhancing nucleosome stability. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., U.S.A. 106: 16686-16691.
- Nakanishi, S., Lee, J.S., Gardner, K.E., Gardner, J.M., Takahashi, Y., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Sun, Z.−W., Osley, M.A., Strahl, B.D., Jaspersen, S.L. and Shilatifard, A. (2009) Histone H2BK123 monoubiquitination is the critical determinant for H3K4 and H3K79 trimethylation by COMPASS and Dot1. J. Cell. Biol. 186: 371-377.
- Bhaskara. S., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Ganguly, R. (2008) Caffeine induction of Cyp6a2 and Cyp6a8 genes of Drosophila melanogaster is modulated by cAMP and DJUN protein levels. Gene. 415: 49-59.
- Bradley, C., van der Meer, R., Roodi, N., Yan, H., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Sun, Z. –W., Mernaugh, R.L. and Parl, F.F. (2007) Carcinogen-induced histone alteration in normal human mammary epithelial cells. Carcinogenesis. 28: 2184-2192.
- Ng, D.W. –K., Wang, T., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Aramayo, R., Kertbundit, S. and Hall, T.C., (2007) Plant SET domain-containing proteins: structure, function and regulation. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1769 (5-6): 316-329.
- Ng, D.W. –K., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (2006) Ordered histone modifications are associated with transcriptional poising and activation of the phaseolin promoter. Plant Cell. 18: 119-132.
- Zhou, X., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (2004) High rooting frequency and functional analysis of GUS and GFP expression in transgenic Medicago truncatula A17. New Phytol. 162: 813-822.
- Carranco, R., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Townsend, J.C. and Hall, T.C. (2004) Interaction of PvALF and VP1 B3 domains with the β-phaseolin promoter. Plant Mol. Biol. 55: 221-237.
- Grace, M.L., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Hall, T.C. and Crowe, A.J. (2004) Sequence and spacing of TATA box elements are critical for accurate initiation from the β-phaseolin promoter. J Biol. Chem. 279: 8102-8110.
- Teerawanichpan, P., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Jiang, Y., Narangajavana, J. and Hall, T.C. (2004) Characterization of two rice DNA methyltransferases and RNAi mediated restoration of promoter activity in silenced rice callus. Planta. 218: 337-349.
- Ng, D.W. –K., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (2004) The 5’ UTR negatively regulates quantitative and spatial expression from the ABI3 promoter. Plant Mol. Biol. 54: 25-38.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Li, G., Bishop, K.J. and Hall, T.C. (2003) S phase progression is required for β-phaseolin promoter activation. J. Biol. Chem. 278: 45397-45405.
- Chandrasekharan, M.B., Bishop, K. J. and Hall, T.C. (2003) Module-specific regulation of the β-phaseolin promoter during embryogenesis. Plant J. 33: 853-866.
- Yang, G., Dong, J., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (2001) Kiddo, a new transposable element family closely associated with rice genes. Mol. Gen. Genomics. 266: 417-424.
- Li, G§., Chandrasekharan, M.B§., Wolffe, A.P. and Hall, T.C. (2001). Chromatin structure and phaseolin gene regulation. Plant Mol. Biol. 46:121-129. (§, indicates equal contributions from the authors).
- Iyer, L.M., Kumpatla, S.P., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (2000). Transgene silencing in monocots. Plant Mol. Biol. 43: 323-346.
- Li, G., Bishop, K. J., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Hall, T.C. (1999). β-phaseolin gene activation is a two-step process: PvAlf-facilitated chromatin modification followed by abscisic acid-mediated gene activation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., U.S.A. 96: 7104-7109.
- Hall, T. C., Chandrasekharan, M.B. and Li, G. (1999). Phaseolin: its past, properties, regulation and future. In: Seed Proteins. Casey, R. and Shewry, P. R., Eds. Kluwer, Dorderecht, The Netherlands. 209-240.
- Hall, T.C., Li, G. and Chandrasekharan, M.B. (1998). Participation of chromatin in the regulation of phaseolin gene expression. J. Plant Physiol. 152: 614-620.
- Kumpatla, S.P., Chandrasekharan, M.B., Iyer, L. M., Li, G. and Hall, T.C. (1998). Genome intruder scanning and modulation systems and transgene silencing. Trends Plant Sci. 3: 97-104.