My research focuses on expanding accessibility of mental health services; through mental health integration, telehealth services, and education.
- BA, Philosophy, Brigham Young University
- BSN, Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland
- Certificate, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Univeristy of Utah
- DNP, Leadership and Organizational Management, University of Utah. Project: Real World Mental Health Integration
Susan Scott is originally from Northern California, but has lived on both coasts and spent 12 years in the MIddle East, living in Egypt and Abu Dhabi. She is a lifelong learner, and is passionate about giving back to her profession. She spent 10 years as a Family Nurse Practitioner before getting a job in addiction, where she realized that she really loved mental health. This has led to a much more holistic view of health, welness, and the individual. Her research focuses on using different approaches to mental health in order to expand the reach of mental health services.
Dates Position and Institution
1/2018-Present University of Utah College of Nursing, Clinical Director, Psychiatric Faculty Practice
6/2014-1/2018 University of Utah College of Nursing, Clinical Instructor
9/2010-6/2014 Suncrest Counseling, APRN
8/2011-3/2012 Intermountain Salt Lake Clinic, Medical Home, APRN
10/2003-4/2009 US Embassy, Abu Dhabi, UAE, APRN