PathophysiologyLocation: ONLN (Online)
Applied InformaticsLocation: TBA (TBA)
DNP Scholarly Proj II
Please note: Student feedback is only available for courses prior to Spring 2021
- National Hartford Center of Gerontological Nursing Excellence . 12/01/2019 - 12/01/2021. Position : Early Career Director .
- Western Institute of Nursing Gerontology Special Interest Group . 01/01/2017 - 01/01/2019. Position : Co-chair and Chair .
- Gerontological Society of America . 01/01/2015 - present. Position : Member .
- Western Institute of Nursing . 01/01/2014 - present. Position : Member.
- Gerontological Society of America . 01/01/2013 - 01/01/2015. Position : Representative to the Health Sciences Section .
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses . 01/01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International . 01/01/2003 - present. Position : Member.
- St. Luke's Meridian Medical Center, Critical Care Nurse Specialist . College of Nursing. 12/01/2020 - present . # of Hours: 6.
My teaching philosophy supports students as adult learners, each contributing something unique and valuable to our shared learning experience. I recognize different perspectives add to the richness of our learning space, and I strive to produce an open, collaborative environment in which each student is met with respect. Introspection is an important part of my teaching, and I actively solicit feedback from experts, peers, and students to foster continuous improvement.
Applied Informatics for Health Sciences Research
This course addresses foundational concepts in information technology and informatics,important for the conduct of health sciences research. The course builds upon basic prerequisite information technology skills and emphasizes applied informatics concepts as they relate to study design, development, and execution.
N7701, N7702, N7703
DNP Scholarly Project
Development of a proposal for a scholarly clinical immersion project that demonstrates synthesis of the student’s work and lays the groundwork for future scholarship.