- Werner Raza, Cornelia Staritz, Bernhard Troster, Rudiger von Arnim & Werner Raza (2018). Commodity dependence and price volatility in least developed countries. Journal of Policy Modeling. Vol. 40, 434-451.
- Barrales, J. & von Arnim, R. (2017). Longer run distributive cycles: Wavelet decompositions for US, 1948-2011. Review of Keynesian Economics, 5:2, 196-217.
- von Arnim, R. (forthcoming). Rethinking international trade; in Rochon, L.P. & Rossi, S. (editors), A modern guide to rethinking economics, Edward Elgar. Accepted, 08/2016.
- Raza, Werner, Lance Taylor, Bernhard Troster & Rudiger von Arnim (2016). The blind spots of trade impact assessments: Macroeconomic adjustment costs and the social costs of regulatory change. (pp. 87-102). Vol. 13:1. Intervention: European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies.
- Rudiger von Arnim & Jose Barrales (2015). Demand driven Goodwin cycles with Kaldorian and Kaleckian features. Review of Keynesian Economics. Vol. 3:3, 351-373.
- Rudiger von Arnim & Jose Barrales (2015). Growth cycles: a response to Peter Skott. Review of Keynesian Economics. Vol. 3:3, 387-391.
- “An economic assessment of the claimed benefits of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP),” in C. Scherrer (editor), The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP): Implications for Labor, Rainer Hampp Verlag, forthcoming; with W. Raza, J. Grumiller, L. Taylor and B. Troester. Accepted, 09/2014.
- “Redistribution in a neo-Kaleckian two-country model,” Metroeconomica, 2014, 65:3, 430-459; with D. Tavani and L. Carvalho.
- “India's structural transformation and role in the world economy,” Journal of Policy Modeling, 2014, 36:1, 1-23; with C. Rada.
- "A global model of recovery and rebalancing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, with Steve Bannister and Nathan Perry.
- "Rebalancing through expenditure and price changes," International Review of Applied Economics. Co-authored with Prabheesh KP.
- Globalization and development in sub-Saharan Africa, United Nations, 2013.
- "Structural Transformation in China and India: Notes on the Role of Macroeconomic Policies," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 23:3, 264-275, (with Codrina Rada).
- “Economic Liberalization and Constraints to Development in Sub-Saharan Africa,” in A. Noman, J. Stiglitz, Kwesi Botchwey and Howard Stein (editors), Good Growth and Governance in Africa: Rethinking Development Strategies, Oxford University Press (2012); (with Jomo Kwame Sundaram).
- “Labor productivity and energy use in a three-sector model: An application to Egypt,” Development and Change 42:6, 1323-48 (with Codrina Rada).
- “Putting jobs first for recovery,” G20 Summit Magazine, Cannes, France, (November 2011); (with James Howard). Published, 08/2011.
- “Global Imbalances, Financial Crisis and Globalization,” in S.M. Murshed, P. Goulart, and L. Serino (editors), South-South Globalization: Challenges and Opportunities for Development, Routledge (forthcoming, June 2011).
- “Wage policy in an open economy Kalecki-Kaldor model: A simulation study,” Metroeconomica, 2011, 62:2, 235-64.
- “G8 Should Deliver on Aid Pledges to Sub-Saharan Africa,” G8 Summit Magazine, Deauville, France, May 2011 (with Jomo Kwame Sundaram). Published, 05/2011.
- “Tackling the Jobs Crisis: The Role of Coordinated Fiscal and Incomes’ Policies of G20 Countries,” G20 Summit Magazine, Seoul November 2010 (with Raymond Torres). Published, 11/2010.
- "Recession and rebalancing: How the housing and credit crisis will impact real activity," Journal of Policy Modeling, 2009, 31:3, 309-324.
- "Trade liberalization and economic development," Science (AAAS), January 9, 2009 (with Jomo Kwame Sundaram).
- “Trade theory status quo despite Krugman,“ Economic and Political Weekly, December 6, 2008 (with Jomo Kwame Sundaram). Published, 12/2008.
- "Trade liberalization for development? Who gains? Who loses?," Economic and Political Weekly, November 29, 2008 (with Jomo Kwame Sundaram). Published, 11/2008.
- “Dynamic gains from U.S. services offshoring: A critical view,” in Eva Paus, (editor), Global Capitalism Unbound: Winners and Losers from Offshore Outsourcing, London, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007 (with Will Milberg, Melissa Mahoney and Markus Schneider).
- “World Bank trade models and the Doha debate,” in Philip Arestis and Gennaro Zezza, editors, Advances in Monetary Policy and Macroeconomics, London, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007; (with Lance Taylor).
- “Projected benefits of the Doha Round hinge on misleading trade models,” Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA) Policy Brief, March 2007; (with Lance Taylor).
- “Modelling the impact of trade liberalisation: A critique of computable general equilibrium models,” Oxfam International Research Report, 2006 (with Lance Taylor).
- “Spurring growth dynamics from services offshoring,” Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA) Policy Brief, February 2006; (with Melissa Mahoney, Will Milberg and Markus Schneider).
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Distribution of income
- Computer Simulation or Modeling
- Computable General Equilibrium models
- Assessing the claimed benefits of the Transatlantic Trade & Partnership Agreement (TTIP), EU Trade Policy Conference, OEFSE, Vienna.
- Trade agreements and economic models, EU Trade Policy Conference, OEFSE, Vienna, February 2016.
- Transatlantic trade and investment partnership (TTIP): Trade negotiations and macro models. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 11/2014.
- "Assessing the claimed benefits of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)," presentation (with W. Raza) in Brussels at GUE/NGL Europian Parliamentary Group.
- Structuralist trade and development models, Workshop held at OFSE (Austrian Research Foundation for Development), Vienna. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/2014.
- Globalization as coordination failure, presented at workshop on international economics at University of Massachussetts/Amherst organized by A. Razmi. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/2014.
- "Globalization as coordination failure: A Keynesian perspective," presented at the annual conference of the Eastern Economic Association (EEA).
- WSSA/AFIT, Salt Lake City, Utah: Organized session on global imbalances. Presented: "Global imbalances and the transfer problem".
- Economic Research Forum (ERF), annual conference, 2011 in Antalya, Turkey. Presented "Labor productivity and energy use in a three sector model: An application to Egypt" (with Codrina Rada).
Conference Paper, Refereed,
- International Institute for Labour Studies (IILS), Geneva, Switzerland. Invited seminar speaker on “US-China rebalancing” . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/2011.
- EEA, New York, NY: Participant at symposium on “New directions in Political Economy." Presented: "Global imbalances and the transfer problem: A Neo-Kaleckian two country model".
- ASSA/AEA, Denver, Colorado: Organized session on “Global real and financial imbalances. Presented: "Global imbalances and the transfer problem" .
- IMK-FMM Macroeconomic Policy Institute conference at the Hans-Boeckler-Foundation, Berlin, Germany; Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies (FMM); Presentation on "Employment prospects: Recovery and rebalancing" . Conference Paper, Other, 10/2010.
- IMK-FMM Macroeconomic Policy Institute conference at the Hans-Boeckler-Foundation, Berlin, Germany; Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies (FMM); Presentation on "Wage policy in an open economy Kalecki-Kaldor model: A simulation study" . Conference Paper, Other, 10/2009.
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO. Seminar on "A Post-Keynesian policy model". Invited Talk/Keynote, Other, 10/2008.
- EEA Eastern Economics Association Annual Conference 2008, organized session on "Global imbalances," together Marc Lavoie and Alex Izurieta. Panel, Other, 03/2008.
- GTAP Global Trade Analysis Project 10th Anniversary Conference, "Modelling the Impact of Trade Liberalisation: A Critique of Computable General Equilibrium Models (An Oxfam International Research Report)", together with Lance Taylor. Conference Paper, Other, 06/2007.
- The Levy Economics Institute of Bard College at Bard College, NY. Seminar: “Global Policy Models: The World Bank’s LINKAGE and Alternatives”. Invited Talk/Keynote, Other, 03/2007.
- English, fluent.
- German, fluent.