Thesis Writing & Comm ILocation: WEB 1248 (WEB 1248)
Research Project: Me
Cont Reg-Ph D
Journal Club-PhDLocation: TBA (TBA)
- Elute Inc.
10/01/2011 - present.
Comments: start-up company based on university IP from my lab involving reservable antibiotic-releasing bone graft biomaterials; located in Research Park, has won 2 Utah State TCIP awards with match required and successful seed funding from UpStart Ventures, completed Series A2 round for $4.5 million; FDA 510(k) approval for first graft product; FDA RFD granted device designation for drug-eluting product.
- AVS (Surface Science Society). 01/2000 - 03/01/2016. Position : Member.
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Society. 03/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
- International Federation of Societies of Biomaterials. 01/01/2004 - present. Position : Fellow.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. 01/01/2000 - present. Position : Member.
- American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineers. 01/01/2000 - present. Position : Fellow.
- Controlled Release Society. 01/01/1994 - present. Position : Member.
- American Chemical Society. 01/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
- Society for Biomaterials. 01/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
I taught in the following courses in Fall 2014 and Spring 2015:
1. BIOEN 4801 BioDesign: lecture: "Case Studies in Biomaterials Failure Analysis"
2. MDCRC 6150 Personalized Healthcare; lecture: Companion Diagnostics
3. Chem 6810: Nanoscience: 2 lectures: Array-based diagnostics, Nanotoxicology
4. BIOEN 6302: Biomaterials: 4 lectures on biocompatibility, sterilization, nanosystems, and infection
5. PHCEU 7030 Drug Delivery: 2 lectures on oral drug formulations