- Bachelor of Art, Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado
- Bachelor of Science, Sports and Exercise Science Emphasis in Athletic Training, University of Northern Colorado
- Masters of Science, Nutrition, Focus in Sports Nutrition, University of Utah. Project: The Adolescent Sport Nutrition Knowledge Questionnaire: Validity and Reliability
- Registered Dietitian, Nutrition, Utah Bureau of Occupational Licensing
- Certified Athletic Trainer , Sport and Exercise Science, University of Northern Colorado
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Sport and Exercise Science, University of Northern Colorado
- Certified Specialist in Sport Dietetics, Nutrition, Intermountain Healthcare, University of Utah
- CPR/First Aid for the Professional Rescuer and AED Certified, Health, University of Northern Colorado
I gained my Masters of Science with an emphasis in Sport Nutrition from the University of Utah in 2007. I have worked at The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Salt Lake City for over 7 years as an Athletic Trainer and Dietitian. As a Certified Specialist in Sport Dietetics I work with youth to elite level athletes in reaching their top performance along with gaining valuable healthy lifestyle skills. I teach TOSH’s BEST Youth and Adult Sport Nutrition workshops in our hands on Athletes’ Kitchen.
I am trained by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) in Adult Weight Management and enjoy working with individuals as they strive for a more healthful life. I am involved in research projects within nutrition aimed to bettering the understanding of the role that nutrition plays in our daily lives.
I started teaching at the University of Utah in the Division of Nutrition in 2011 and became a full-time career track faculty member in the Division of Nutrition in 2013. Through working with these different groups of people I strive to ensure evidence based information and a fun, interactive learning environment.