Clinical Assessment LabLocation: SFEBB 3106 (SFEBB 3106),
Directed Nutr Research
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics . 01/2017 - 12/2017. Position : Member.
- Utah Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 01/2017 - 12/2017. Position : Board Member.
- American Society for Nutrition. 01/2017 - 12/2017. Position : Member.
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors Practice Group. 01/2017 - 12/2017. Position : Member.
- Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group. 01/2017 - 12/2017. Position : Member.
My teaching objectives include the following: increase student participation via interactive learning activities, integrate technology into lesson plans, enhance student problem-solving skills, and sponsor collaborations with diverse populations. I earned the Higher Education Teaching Specialist designation from the University of Utah Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence.Through program participation, I increased my knowledge in student assessment techniques and grading rubrics and completed continuing education classes on the topics of Teaching in Higher Education, Cyber Pedagogy, and Readings in Higher Education. These courses provided me with advanced pedagogical knowledge, skills, and technology to fulfill my teaching mission in higher education.
- Evaluation of the nutrition counseling practicum and development of a community based nutrition class at the Midvale Family Health Clinic. Project Lead: Ashley Miller. Collaborators: Julie Metos, Theresa Dvorak. 08/2015 - 04/2016.
- Integration of nutrition informatics topics into the clinical assessment course. Project Lead: Jennifer North. Collaborators: Kristine Jordan, Beverly Bradshaw, Julie Metos. 09/2013 - 12/2013.