Final StudioLocation: ARCH 334 (ARCH 334)
- Sparano + Mooney Architecture.
05/1997 - present.
Comments: Sparano + Mooney Architecture is an award-winning design firm with projects including cultural and community centers, transit and public works projects and private residences. The work has been internationally recognized for its research-based conceptual approach to architecture and has been featured in publications including A+U (Tokyo), World Architecture (London), Bauwelt (Berlin), the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Architecture California, and LA Architect.
- American Institute of Architects - Building Enclosure Council. 11/01/2019 - 10/31/2022. Position : Co-chair.
- American Institute of Architects - Committee on the Environment. 11/01/2019 - 10/31/2023. Position : Co-chair.
- American Institute of Architects - Utah Chapter. 11/01/2019 - 10/31/2022. Position : Board of Directors .
- Preservation Utah, Salt Lake Modern . 01/09/2017 - present. Position : Board Member.
- Madeleine Choir School Advisory Board . 02/01/2016 - present. Position : Board President .
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards. 11/08/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- American Institute of Architects. 11/01/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- United States Green Building Council. 02/05/2007 - present. Position : Member and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accredited professional.
Final Design Studio
Applied Research Studio format. Community-based Interdisciplary Design Studio typically based in the American West (exceptions involved New York City and Japan based projects). Conceptually rigorous design projects for economic and environmental revitalization for communities. Curriculum development, research, lecture preparation and delivery, travel/trip coordination, desk and formal critiques of student work, jury and exhibit coordination for exhibitions, development of publication and documentation of studio and student work.
Curriculum coordinator and course development of year-long integrated pro-practice sequence. Lecture preparation and delivery, research, coordination of field trips / firm visits. Emphasis on leadership and ethics in practice and current and emerging trends in local and global markets.
ARCH 4010-084, 2636-084, 4960-084
Architecture, Planning and Design in Italy
Professor Mooney is the College of Architecture + Planning's Faculty Director for the new semester abroad program, Architecture, Planning and Design in Italy. She developed and taught courses in Design Studio, Alabaster Workshop and assisted with History/Theory course on Italian Language and Culture, Urban Ecology and Visual Communications.
- Immersive Experience (Design Studio, History/Theory, Technology). 01/11/2016 - 05/02/2016