PH TH 7920-050
Doctoral Seminar II
Rehab Science Seminar
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine. 02/01/2018 - present. Position : Member, Stroke Special Interest Group, Health Services Special Interest Group.
- American Heart/Stroke Association. 01/01/2006 - present. Position : Stroke Task Force, Western States. UT Task Force Rehab Chair.
- Utah Physical Therapy Association. 01/01/2004 - present. Position : Member.
- Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy . 01/01/2003 - present. Position : Member, Chair of Stroke Special Interest group, Advocacy Committee, Program Committee, Practice Comm.
- American Physical Therapy Association. 01/01/2000 - present. Position : Member.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah Balance and Mobility Clinic • An outpatient clinic focusing on neurological disabilities and wellness programs for MS, Parkinsonism, stroke, TBI and SCI. • Clinical instructor for doctor of physical therapy students overseeing research projects, clinical experiences, seminar teaching. • ALS multidisciplinary clinic providing physical therapy services for individuals with ALS. • Coordinate an intensive 10-day therapy program, including constraint-induced therapy for individuals with focal neurological injuries. • Researcher focused on improvement in stroke rehabilitation services. 01/01/2004 - present .
Heather's teaching is directed toward individuals in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program and in a neurologic physical therapy residency program. She believes in mentoring by example while providing students and residents with a solid evidence-based framework. Her current clinical practice allows her to bridge the connection between the clinical and didactic world for students. She seeks to provide her students and residents with depth of knowledge that allows them to engage as professionals in doctors of physical therapy and as neurologic residents in physical therapy.
PHTH 7300 lecture
"Upper extremity management". Lab and lecture series, October 2007-2013.