- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Montanta State University, 2001
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, 2007
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering , University of Utah, 2010
- Postdoc, Meteorological Institute, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany, 2010-2011
- Postdoc, Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012-2013
Heather's research group uses ground-based sensors, atmospheric models, and satellite remote sensing to investigate atmospheric physics, air pollution sources, transport and dispersion, and provide data for human health and public policy assessments. She has a history of collaborative research with the objectives of improving the understanding of air pollution exposure and understanding regulatory impacts on ambient air pollution concentrations.