- BA, Economics, Brigham Young University
- MBA, Marketing, Westminster College
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands-on General Management Experience with full P&L accountability.
- Solid experience in communicating, training, mentoring and holding people accountable for performance.
- Cross-functional Hotel Operations experience in Revenue Management, Front Office Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Accounting.
- Teamwork Experience functioning at varied levels from Advisory Board Membership, Website Development Committees, Sales & Marketing Direction.
- Experience interfacing and meeting needs of all stake-holders (owners, customers, employees) in hospitality operations.
- Passion for hospitality.
- Possession of a learning mentality.
2000 M.B.A. Marketing Westminster College
1989 B.A. Economics, Brigham Young University
Acting Director of Sales & Marketing, 2008-Present, Grand America Hotels and Resorts, Salt Lake City, UT
· In addition to concurrent duties as Director of Revenue Management supervised a team of 12 sales team members.
· Responsible for selection and hiring of sales managers.
· Directed Sales & Marketing effort to include management of and selection of trade shows and travel schedule of sales team.
· Worked directly with creative services to develop marketing collateral and was responsible for marketing channel placement.
· Completed total redesign of sales team bonus program.
· Managed rate quoting process and associated contract negotiations.
· Extensive review and approval of sales contracts.
· Co-directed development of new website.
· Other miscellaneous duties as directed by President of company.
Director of Revenue Management, 2000-Present, Grand America Hotels and Resorts, Salt Lake City, UT
· Developed and implemented revenue management culture and processes to maximize revpar focusing primarily on one 775 room 5 Diamond Hotel and one 850 room 4 Diamond Hotel and secondarily on 4 other properties.
· Managed all channels of distribution and relationships with suppliers and vendor partners, including GDSs, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Sceptre, Micros-Fidelio, and Opus 2.
· Responsible for pricing product, transient and group, with respect to changing demand and competitive maneuvers.
· Developed demand estimations and price/cross-price elasticities utilizing econometrics.
· Developed budgeting and forecasting models for multiple hotels.
· Extensive design and use of spreadsheets and pivot tables used to analyze operations and sales pace/performance on a consistent monthly basis.
· Developed and maintained bonus compensation plan for all sales personnel.
· Active participant of website development committee.
· Project Manager for Fidelio Opera, Opus 2 Top Line Profit (now known as ORMS), and Opera Sales & Catering installation including complete system configuration entailing market segmentation, transaction codes, rate structure, etc.
· Opening management team member of 775 room hotel with 75,000 square feet of meeting space.
Official “Olympic Family Hotel” for 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
Reservations Advisory Board, 2002-2003 Leading Hotels of the World, NYC, NY.
· Board member contributing operations expertise, planning, fundraising, and assistance with annual meeting planning.
Corporate Director Revenue Management Development, 2000, Wyndham Int’l, Dallas, TX
· Managed E-Commerce marketing and distribution for more than 170 hotels both domestic and international.
· Negotiated contracts with Internet Travel Providers including Expedia and Hotels.com on behalf of over 170 hotels.
· Liaison between corporation, hotels, and partners.
· Evaluated numerous business models with respect to content, efficiency, and marketing strategy and made recommendations to senior management for national brand participation.
· Analyzed, recommended, and secured inventory/pricing for all e-commerce partners.
· Developed and deployed sophisticated demand forecasting models which were adopted as corporate standards nationwide.
Area Revenue Manager, 1996-2000, Red Lion/DoubleTree Hotels, Salt Lake City, UT
· Primary Responsibilities for one property in UT and minor responsibilities for 4 properties in ID and MT.
· Extensive forecasting responsibilities including daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenues and occupancy.
· Specification and development of various forecasting models.
· Extensive rate analysis and adjustment.
· Budget development responsibilities.
· Using multivariate regression analysis, constructed accurate estimated demand curves and elasticity estimates.
· Managed call center employees including, hiring, training, monitoring performance and evaluations.
General Manager, 1993-1996, Alamo Rent A Car, Anchorage, AK
· Senior executive for Alamo Rent A Car in the State of Alaska, functioning with a great deal of autonomy.
· Accountable for a 1,200 car fleet. This included fleet size analysis, title management, receiving, mechanical repairs, body-work, preventative maintenance, mileage management, turn-back compliance, and retail of vehicles.
· Management of underground fuel tanks, including management of a construction project replacing a 10,000 gallon tank, and all associated environmental regulations.
· Responsible for maintaining corporate brand standards and customer service levels.
· Full profit/loss accountability for operations with over 20 million in assets and 6 million in sales.
· Sole managerial accountability for 7 managers and 55 employees and all associated activities including but not limited to, I-9 Qualifications, Workers compensation management, Unemployment management and testifying before state labor boards.
· Development of operating and capital budgets.
· Reduced fleet by 33% over two years yet maintained flat revenue via creative daily/weekly pricing schedules.
· Oversaw competitive bid process with Airport Authority for on-site operations resulting in premier selection of airport counter space.
· Managed extensive airport operations remodel.
Station Manager, 1991-1993, Hertz Rent A Car, Anchorage, AK
· Managed customer service operations at Airport.
· Fleet vehicle management including preventative maintenance, mechanical maintenance, and body work.
· Underground fuel tank management.
· Revenue management duties including sales of auxiliary products.
· Functioned as operation Safety Manager.
Manager/Marketing Associate, 1989-1991, Host-Marriott, Anchorage, AK
· Relief manager for airport operations, including, 4 lounges, 4 snack bars, 2 restaurants, one cafeteria, kitchen and storeroom.
· Conducted inventories, ordered food, verified cashier transactions, deposits, and banks.
· Quality assurance and management of Food & Beverage operations and service personnel.
· Implemented national branding campaigns.
· Assisted in contract bid process with Airport Authority.
· Assisted with preliminary remodel plans.