Dr. Hung is specialized in research & statistical methods, measurement and data science. Much of her recent work has been involved in directing patient-centered outcomes research. One focus of her research has been the evaluation and validation of appropriate patient-reported outcome measures for health care research. She has also conducted studies to compare the utilities of computerized adaptive testing and traditional instruments. Dr. Hung is further interested in models and causal mechanisms of patient outcomes. Her past and present research in this area attempts to identify and understand specific mediators, moderators and predictors that are attributed to increase treatment effectiveness and reduce health care cost and disparities. Most of this work integrates her knowledge and skills in the areas of research design, statistical analysis, measurement and informatics.
Dr. Hung’ skills and interests cut across multiple disciplines. She also has special interests in educational equity and leadership, health care finance and policies, business intelligence, as well as technological issues in the area of computer security and networking. She has expertise and experience in the following areas: Curriculum development, Teacher Training, Program evaluation, Higher education leadership, Computerized adaptive testing, Structural equation modeling, Hierarchical linear modeling, Longitudinal data analysis, Discrete choice modeling, Agent-based modeling, Causal modeling, Financial modeling, Event forecasting, Genomic analysis, Meta-analysis, Survival analysis, Conjoint analysis, Cost analysis, Decision analysis, Social network analysis, Application of classical test theory and item response theory, Instrument development, Psychometric evaluation, Data mining, Natural language processing, Social engineering, Marketing research, Web site development, Online analytics, Search engine optimization, Data warehouse and database design/management, Information security management, Computer network management, Strategic planning, Project management, Risk assessment, and Business process improvement.
- American Sign Language, fluent.
- Berau Malay, fluent.
- English, fluent.
- French, basic.
- Spanish, basic.
- Northern America
- Hung, M., Clegg, D. O., Greene, T., Nickisch, F., Beals, T., Saltzman, C. L. (2012). A new paradigm for patient-reported outcomes assessment in foot & ankle research: Computerized adaptive testing. Published, 08/2012.
- Hung, M., Clegg, D. O., Greene, T., Weir, C., Saltzman, C. L. (2012). A lower extremity physical function computerized adaptive testing instrument. Foot Ankle Int, 33(4), 339-348. Published, 04/2012.
- Hung, M., Carter, M., Hayden, C., Dzierzon, R., Morales, J., Snow, L., Butler, J., Bateman, K., Samore, M. (2012). Psychometric assessment of the Patient Activation Measure Short Form (PAM-13) in rural settings. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-012-0168-9. Qual Life Res. Published, 03/2012.
- Hung, M. Clegg D. O., Greene T., Saltzman C. L. (2011). Evaluation of the PROMIS physical function item bank in orthopaedic patients. J Orthop Res, 29(6), 947-953. Published, 03/2011.