Adjunct Professor, Atmospheric Sciences
- American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- University of Innsbruck, Institute of Ecology, Innsbruck, Austria.
- European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria.
- American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting.
- Department of Watershed Sciences, Utah State University.
- Stable Isotopes in Biosphere-Atmosphere Earth System Research (SIBAE), European COST Action Science Meeting, Wroclaw, Poland.
- American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- D Bowling and G Maurer invited presentation for the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- University of Nevada, Reno and Desert Research Institute, Joint Graduate Program in Hydrologic Sciences and Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology.
- Blonquist M, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
Maurer G, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
Trahan N, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
Wilcox B, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- Dept of Geology and Geophysics, University of Utah.
- Biederman JA, Scott RL, Bell TW, Bowling DR, Dore S, Garatuza-Payan J, Kolb TE, Krishnan P, Krofcheck DJ, Litvak ME, Maurer GE, Meyers TP, Oechel WC, Papuga SA, Ponce-Campos GE, Rodriguez JC, Smith WK, Vargas R, Watts CJ, Yepez EA & Goulden ML (2017). CO2 exchange and evapotranspiration across dryland ecosystems of southwestern North America. Global change biology. Vol. 23, 4204-4221.
- Jones, AS, Aanderud, ZT, Horsburgh, JS, Eiriksson, DP, Dastrup, D, Cox, C, Jones, SB, Bowling, DR, Carlisle, J, Carling, GT & Baker, MA (2017). Designing and implementing a network for sensing water quality and hydrology across mountain to urban transitions. J. American Water Resources Assoc. Vol. 53, 1095-1120.
- Duarte, HF, Raczka, BM, Ricciuto, DM, Lin, JC, Koven, CD, Thornton, PE, Bowling, DR, Lai, C-T, Bible, KJ & Ehleringer, JR (2017). Evaluating the Community Land Model (CLM 4.5) at a coniferous forest site in northwestern United States using flux and carbon isotope measurements. Biogeosciences. Vol. 14, 4315-4340.
- Raczka, B, Biraud, SC, Ehleringher, JR, Lai, C-T, Miller, JB, Pataki, DE, Saleska, SR, Torn, MS, Vaughn, BH, Wehr, R & Bowling, DR (2017). Does vapor pressure deficit drive the seasonality of 13C of the net land-atmosphere CO2 exchange across the United States?. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences. Vol. 122, 1969-1987.
- Chan AM & Bowling DR (2017). Assessing the thermal dissipation sap flux density method for monitoring cold season water transport in seasonally snow-covered forests. Tree physiology. Vol. 37, 984-995.
- Bowling, DR, Schulze, ES & Hall, SJ (2017). Revisiting streamside trees that do not use stream water: Can the two water worlds hypothesis and snowpack isotopic effects explain a missing water source?, . Ecohydrology. Vol. 10, e1771.
- Hall SJ, Weintraub SR & Bowling DR (2016). Scale-dependent linkages between nitrate isotopes and denitrification in surface soils: implications for isotope measurements and models. Oecologia. Vol. 181, 1221-31.
- Maurer GE, Chan AM, Trahan NA, Moore DJ & Bowling DR (2016). Carbon isotopic composition of forest soil respiration in the decade following bark beetle and stem girdling disturbances in the Rocky Mountains. Plant, cell & environment. Vol. 39, 1513-23.
- Hall SJ, Weintraub SR, Eiriksson D, Brooks PD, Baker MA, Bowen GJ & Bowling DR (2016). Stream Nitrogen Inputs Reflect Groundwater Across a Snowmelt-Dominated Montane to Urban Watershed. Environmental science & technology. Vol. 50, 1137-46.
- Bowling, D. R., Egan, J. E., Hall, S. J. & Risk, D. A. (2015). Environmental forcing does not induce diel or synoptic variation in carbon isotope content of forest soil respiration. Copernicus GmbH. Vol. 12(8), 6361-6404.
- Plant community composition and phenological stage drive soil carbon cycling along a tree-meadow ecotone, Plant and Soil, DOI 10.1007/s11104-015-2750-8.
- Riparian plant isotopes reflect anthropogenic nitrogen perturbations: Robust patterns across land use gradients, Ecosphere, 6:art200. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/ES15-00319.1.
- Environmental forcing does not induce diel or synoptic variation in the carbon isotope content of forest soil respiration, Biogeosciences, 12:5143–5160, doi:10.5194/bg-12-5143-2015.
- Dust effects on snowpack melt and related ecosystem processes are secondary to those of forest canopy structure and interannual snowpack variability, Ecohydrology, 8:1005-1023, doi: 10.1002/eco.1558.
- Evaluating the use of strontium isotopes in tree rings to trace provenance of dust deposited on the Wasatch Mountains, Applied Geochemistry 50:53-65.
- Seasonal snowpack characteristics influence soil temperature and water content at multiple scales in interior western U.S. mountain ecosystems, Water Resources Research, 50, 5216-5234, doi: 10.1002/2013WR014452.
- Ecological processes dominate the 13C land disequilibrium in a Rocky Mountain subalpine forest, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 28:352-370, doi:10.1002/2013GB004686.
- Impacts of anthropogenic emissions and cold air pools on urban to montane gradients of snowpack ion concentrations in the Wasatch Mountains, Utah, Atmospheric Environment, 98:231-241.
- Moyes AB, Bowling DR (2013) Interannual variation in seasonal drivers of soil respiration in a semi-arid Rocky Mountain meadow, Biogeochemistry, 113:683-697, DOI 10.1007/s10533-012-9797-x.
- Interannual variation in seasonal drivers of soil respiration in a semi-arid Rocky Mountain meadow, Biogeochemistry, DOI 10.1007/s10533-012-9797-x.
- Assessing filtering of mountaintop CO2 mole fractions for application to inverse models of biosphere-atmosphere carbon exchange, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 12:2099-2115.
- Moyes AB, Gaines S*, Siegwolf RTW, Bowling DR (2010) Diffusive fractionation complicates isotopic partitioning of autotrophic and heterotrophic sources of soil respiration, Plant, Cell, and Environment, 33:1804-1819, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3040.2010.02185.x.
- Bowling DR, Bethers-Marchetti S, Lunch CK, Grote EE, Belnap J (2010) Carbon, water, and energy fluxes in a semi-arid cold desert grassland during and following multi-year drought, Journal of Geophysical Research, 115, G04026, doi:10.1029/2010JG001322.
- Moyes AB, Schauer AJ, Siegwolf RTW, Bowling DR (2010) An injection method for measuring the carbon isotope content of soil carbon dioxide and soil respiration with a tunable diode laser absorption spectrometer, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 24: 894-900.