- Masters of Science in Nursing, Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, University of Utah. Project: Nutritional Patterns that Reduce Risk for Late-Life Depression
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice, Nursing, University of Utah. Project: Advanced Clinical Nutrition Pilot Modules and Proposal for Increased Nutrition Content in Advanced Practice Nursing Education
ElLois Bailey (the “s” is silent) is a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) working in a faculty practice for the College of Nursing at the University of Utah Clinics. She is an instructor in the PMHNP program and serves as the Specialty Director of the PMHNP track in the DNP program. She earned a Gerontology Interdisciplinary Certificate.
Ms. Bailey served as the President of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Utah Chapter for four years during its revitalization. She was instrumental in changing a law in 2014 that reduced barriers to practice in Utah for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
Prior to graduate studies where she was a Lawson Fellow, she was a Clinical Educator at the University Neuropsychiatric Institute where she created and championed the Ahead of the Curve professional development program for nurses. She is the mother of eight and grandmother of eleven, which is how she loves to spend most of her free time.
- PMHNP Specialty Director in the DNP Program
- Teaching & Mentoring PMHNP students
- Clinical practice serving people with mental health challenges
- Legislative efforts to remove barriers to practice for new PMHNP
- Clinical Educator at UNI - Ahead of the Curve professional development for nurses