Associate Professor (Lecturer), College Of Social Work
- Transforming the Meaning of Loss: Complicated Grief Group Therapy
with Bereaved Dementia Caregivers. Poster presentation - refereed -
by K Supiano, L Haynes, T Andersen, & M Luptak @ Gerontological
Society of America 69th Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA,
- Social Work Research on Older Adults with Dementia and Their Family Members: International Comparative Perspective.
- Andersen, T.C. Telehealth Enhanced Collaborative Geriatric Care (ProTEC), Evaluation of Cognitive Assessment Consultation Protocol of Rural Dwelling Older Veterans. Alzheimer’s Association International Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Andersen, T. C. Questioning the Paradigm: Is Aging in Place the Optimal Choice for Older Adults with Neurocognitive Disorders? Symposium presentation at The Gerontological Society of America's 68th Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, FL, November 18-22, 2015.
- Andersen, T. C. Proactive Dementia Care: A Three Year Pilot Study Examining Early Psychosocial Interventions with Individuals with Dementia and Their Caregivers Poster presentation at The Gerontological Society of America's 67th Annual Scientific Meeting, Washington DC, November, 5-9, 2014.
- Andersen, T.C. Proactive Dementia Care: Findings and Lessons Learned From A Pilot Study Examining An Early-Stage Care-Planning Intervention At The Time of Diagnosis. Alzheimer’s Association International Conference. Copenhagen, Denmark.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Andersen, T.C. (2016) Intellectual Health in Frost, C., Digre, K. 7 Domains of Women's Health: Multidisciplinary Considerations of Women's Health in the 21st Century. KendallHunt Publishing Co. USA.
- Kaplan, D., Andersen, T.C., Lehning, A. J., & Perry, T.E. (2015) Aging in Place vs. Relocation for Older Adults with Neurocognitive Disorder: Applications of Wiseman’s Behavioral Model, Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 58:5, 521-538, DOI: 10.1080/01634372.2015.1052175.
- Supiano, K.P., Andersen, T. C., & Burns Haynes, L. (2015) Sudden-On-Chronic Death and Complicated Grief in Bereaved Dementia Caregivers: Two Case Studies of Complicated Grief Group Therapy, Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life & Palliative Care, 11:3-4, 267-282.
- Kaplan, D., Andersen, T. C. (2013) Social work practice in dementia care: An historical review and new directions for the 21st century. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 56, 164-176.
- Perry, T., Andersen, T. C., Kaplan, D., (2014) Relocation remembered: perspectives on senior transitions in the living environment. The Gerontologist, published online July 9, 2013 doi:10.1093/geront/gnt070.