Advnd Phys Assess LifspLocation: CNB 2600 (CNB 2600)
PCNP Practicum II
PCNP Practicum V
- Nurse Practitioners of Women's Health (NPWH). 01/01/2023 - 01/01/2023. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International. 01/01/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurse Pracitioners. 01/01/2004 - present. Position : Member.
- Faculty practice contract with Planned Parenthood Association of Utah. Jan-Jun 2015. 06/30/2015 - present .
- Faculty practice with Planned Parenthood Association of Utah. 07/01/2014 - present .
- Planned Parenthood Association of Utah - Nurse Practitioner for Planned Parenthood family planing clinics in Utah. As part of this contract I have a NP student working with me most of the time. 07/01/2013 - present .
- Contract with Planned Parenthood . 07/01/2012 - present .
- Contract with Planned Parenthood . 07/01/2011 - present .
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner for Planned Parenthood. Faculty practice with the University of Utah College of Nursing. 07/01/2011 - present .
Students in the nursing program are put under a lot of stress due to deadlines and emotionally distressing situations in the clinical setting. They are put into new situations every day and can feel as if they have been “thrown into” a new learning environment. Therefore, I believe that the clinical instructor should be approachable, and should be a mentor, a role model and someone they can trust to ask questions and discuss issues. The clinical instructor must be current in the area in which they are teaching as well as being well versed in current events and policies related to medicine and the nursing profession.
I believe in a student centered learning model and use that as an approach to teaching. Students learn best when their anxiety levels are low and when they feel that they are in charge of their learning. In the clinical setting this can mean allowing the students to pick their own patients and experiences for the day and allowing them to choose learning projects that both interest them and work for their own learning style.
I feel that students are extremely bright and creative and I enjoy being a part of their learning process. It is rewarding to watch them blossom into nursing professionals and to know that I helped them achieve that result.
N7601, N7602, N7603, N7604, N7605, N7606
DNP Practicum I, II, III, IV, V, VI
Provide oversight and clinical guidance for students in their clinical courses for their Nurse Practitioner training.
Advanced Physcial Assessment
Course lead. Provides student support during on-campus lab time and feedback on home/online assignments.
NURS 7701, 7702, 7703
Provides year-long support as the role of chair to students working on their DNP Scholarly Project