Visual StrategyLocation: ARCH 129 (ARCH 129)
- Design Research Society. 07/01/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- Pigments Revealed International. 07/01/2021 - present. Position : Board Member.
- Design Management Institute. 09/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Type Directors Society. 12/01/2015 - present. Position : Member.
- IDSA. 08/01/2014 - 09/2016. Position : Member.
- AIGA . 07/01/2013 - present. Position : Member.
Courses I Teach
Exploration and practice of visual strategies to support the design process. Students will engage in analogue and digital drawing as a means to express the research, development, and design process.
Design Research Methods
This course will focus on the utilization of a human centered design methodology to explore issues of design research that include observation, analysis, opportunity identification, concept development and evaluation of completed artifacts at various stages.
Design Product Studio 2
Design Studios offer in-depth exploration of specific design problems. Students combine learned skills and outcomes from adjacent and previous seminars to complete course work. Studios are progressive and must be taken in sequence. Digital, physical and platform product are explored.
- Field Studio. Project Lead: Elpitha Tsoutsounakis. Collaborators: Bears Ears National Monument, The Rural Utah Project, Friends of Cedar Mesa, Yestermorrow. 01/01/2019 - present.
- Field Studio collaboration with Yellowstone Forever . Project Lead: Elpitha Tsoutsounakis. Collaborators: Cord Bowen. 09/01/2018 - 01/01/2020.
- Project Blink. Project Lead: Elpitha Tsoutsounakis. Collaborators: Dr. Barbara Wirostko, Tim Lee, Becky Menlove, Sarah George, Lisa Thompson, McKay Nilson, Ben Dougal, Suzie Catharine, Jim Agutter. University Faculty Entrepreneur Committee 01/2014 - 05/2015. Total Budget: $13,500.00.