Water Distribution SysLocation: GC 1790 (GC 1790)
- Heightened Technologies, PLLC.
11/07/2014 - present.
- The University of Hong Kong. 09/01/2020 - present. Position : External Examiner.
- HKIE Transactions International Advisors for HKIE Transactions. 12/2015 - present. Position : International Advisor.
- Jacobs Journal of Civil Engineering. 08/2015 - 05/2020. Position : Editorial Board Member.
- Advances in Environmental Research. 01/2012 - present. Position : Editorial Board Member.
- Sustainable Environment Research. 06/2011 - present. Position : Editor.
- Soil & Sediment Contamination - An International Journal. 01/2002 - present. Position : Editorial Board Member.
I view these as important components in teaching and mentoring students:
- Prepare students with the knowledge and skills to be successful in their job as engineers.
- Create new knowledge through research that can be immediately imparted to the students.
- Be a mentor to walk with students through difficult, new topics. Use own experience to guide and encourage students through that journey.
- Challenge students to achieve at a higher level and see that they reach it with a sense of achievement and satisfaction.
- Be available and supportive to students both inside and outside the classroom.
An engineering student today should be encouraged to acquire an international experience; such would increase the aptitude of a new generation of scientists and engineers and prepare them to collaborate across nations on solving problems, many of which are increasingly global requiring international cooperation.
- Proposed EWB project on Olive wastewater treatment in Palestine. Dan Sweeney, Lucy Li, Jessica Earl. 08/15/2011 - 12/31/2011