Low Vision; gerontology; occupational therapy; occupational science; aging in place; technology as an interface to participation
- Doctor of Philosophy, PH D, University Of Southern Califor
- Master of Arts, MA, Tufts University
- Bachelor of Science, Health Education, University of Utah
- Graduate Certificate, Gerontology, University of Southern California
- Graduate Certificate, Low Vision, University of Alabama--Birmingham
Dr Wright is a native Utahn who returned in 1997 to develop the academic occupational therapy program at the University of Utah and was chair until 2011. She holds a BS from the University of Utah; an MS from Tufts University and a PhD from the University of Southern California (USC). She also has graduated certificates in: Gerontology from USC and Low Vision from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. She is a Fellow of the American Occupational Therapy Association. She is passionate about productive, ethical treatment of clients to maximize their quality of life and participation. She is just as passionate about guiding students through the educational system and sharing her expertise related to occupational therapy and functional strategies for clients with low vision.