Associate Professor, College Of Nursing
Chair, Health Systems and Community Based Care Division, Con Nursing
Director, Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence, Con Nursing
1. Injury research in vulnerable populations including older adults, rural communities, farmers and ranchers, and individuals with low SES and/or social capital
2. Geographic, health and injury factors impacting older adult trauma triage
3. Frailty status
4. Interdisciplinary long-term care practices
Linda Edelman RN, PhD has experience in both basic science and clinical/nursing research. She received a Masters of Philosophy in Experimental Pathology at the University of Utah in 1993 where she specialized in molecular immunology. She then earned a BSN from the University of Utah College of Nursing in 1995. For the next 17 years she utilized her basic science and nursing backgrounds as the Research Coordinator for the University of Utah Burn Center. During that time she was involved with the design, conduct, and analysis of multidisciplinary clinical research studies pertaining to burn injuries. She is an active member of the American Burn Association and a founding member of the American Burn Association’s Multicenter Trials Group Steering Committee dedicated to advancing evidence-based burn care. Dr. Edelman joined the faculty at the University of Utah College of Nursing in 2008 and looks forward to fostering a new generation of nurse researchers through teaching and mentorship.
- Rural Population, Interest Level: 3
- Rural Health, Interest Level: 3
- Quality of Life, Interest Level: 3
- Injury Surveillance, Interest Level: 3
- Injury Prevention, Interest Level: 3
- Health Status, Interest Level: 3
- Burns, Interest Level: 3
- Burn Outcomes, Interest Level: 3
- Attitude to Health, Interest Level: 3
- Aging and Health Promotion, Interest Level: 3
- Aging, Interest Level: 3
Grants, Contracts & Research Gifts
Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program.
PI: Pepper, G.
Co-PI(s): Edelman, L.S., Garret, L., Supiano, M., Dassel, K..
07/2015 - 06/2018.
Total project budget to date: $2,549,742.00
Interactions between life-space and quality of life in spousal dyads coping with chronic conditions.
PI: Edelman, L.
Co-PI(s): Neng, W..
CFAHR Pilot Grant,
04/2015 - present.
Total project budget to date: $21,000.00
Utilizing space-time paths to study triage patterns of older adult trauma care.
PI: Linda S. Edelman.
Co-PI(s): Raminder Nirula, Phoebe McNeally, Gary Donaldson.
University of Utah Center on Aging Pilot Grant,
01/2014 - 12/2014.
Total project budget to date: $20,000.00
Linking clinical research data to long-term outcomes using the Utah Population Database and State Emergency Department Database.
PI: Linda S. Edelman RN, PhD.
Co-PI(s): Susan Beck RN, PhD.
University of Utah College of Nursing Innovative Research Seed Grant,
01/01/2010 - 12/31/2010.
Total project budget to date: $6,826.00