- American Nurses Association. 03/01/2019 - present. Position : Member.
- Marce of North American. 03/01/2019 - present. Position : Member.
- ACNM Division of Research. 05/15/2018 - 05/30/2022. Position : Chair: Dissemination Section.
- ACNM Division of Research. 05/15/2017 - 05/14/2018. Position : Chair-Elect: Dissemination Section.
- Directors of Midwifery Education (DOME). 10/15/2014 - 06/14/2019. Position : Member; Lead for Fellowship Taskforce.
- Southwest Area Educators in Midwifery. 10/15/2014 - present. Position : Member.
- Postpartum Support International: Utah (formerly Utah Maternal Mental Health Collaborative). 08/01/2014 - present. Position : Member.
- UT Affiliate, ACNM. 02/01/2013 - 03/02/2018. Position : Member; Chair of Legislative Taskforce 2013-2018.
- International Society of Nurses in Genetics. 08/09/2012 - 02/01/2018. Position : Member, Research Committee.
- Western Institute of Nursing. 02/01/2006 - present. Position : Member.
- American College of Nurse Midwives. 09/05/1986 - present. Position : member.
- Learn about certified nurse midwives (CNMs) with this YouTube video!
I teach at all levels at the college of nursing (BSN, DNP, PhD) and my teaching efforts reflect a desire to engage the adult learner in academic achievement. My overall goal is to assist students in developing life-long learning skills in addition to acquiring a sound knowledge foundation. I expect students to assume responsibility as adult learners, to take educational opportunities seriously, engage in active learning, and to take accountability for the effort required to progress. I regularly use student feedback to make improvements in the courses that I teach.
Courses I Teach
Supports PhD students in dissertation research
Seminar in Biobehavioral Investigations
Students will examine the concepts, theories, and design of biobehavioral investigations and develop the ability to apply biobehavioral concepts to the interpretation and design of biobehavioral research.
Research Ethics and Protection of Human Subjects
PhD Program Course on Ethics in Research
DNP Scholarly Project
Demonstrates the student's synthesis of DNP essentials: Implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of scholarly work.
Advanced Pharmacology for NWM/WHNP
Knowledge and skills integral to prescriptive practice in midwifery.
Undergraduate prerequisite to Nursing Program
- Latendresse, G. (2017). To Be Successful We Have to Understand One Another: Intergenerational Mentoring. ACNM 62nd Annual Meeting & Exposition, Chicago, IL. Presentation published, 05/22/2017.
- Latendresse, G. (2017). Identifying and Addressing Problems for Student Progression in Midwifery Clinical Education. ACNM 62nd Annual Meeting & Exposition, Chicago, IL . Presentation published, 05/22/2017.
- Clayton, M., Supiano, K., Wilson, R., Lassche, M., & Latendresse, G. (2017). Using Simulation in Nursing PhD Education: Facilitating Application of Responsible Conduct of Research Principles. Journal of Professional Nursing; 33(1): 68-73. PMID 28131150. Paper published, 02/15/2017.
- Dyer, J. & Latendresse, G. (2016). Identifying and Addressing Problems for Student Progression in Midwifery Clinical Education. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health. November; 61(S1): 28-36. PMID: 27880865. Paper published, 11/09/2016.
- Hybrid Course Development for N6052 Advanced Pharmacology Course. Project Lead: Latendresse, G. U of U Teaching and Learning Technology Grant 04/01/2014 - present. Total Budget: $5,000.00.
- Project UPLIFT: Piloting a Videoconference Delivery of MBCT for the Prevention of Prenatal and Postpartum Depression. Pre-Nursing: Krystal Abreu, DNP Student Hannah Murphy, DNP Student: Che'Lyn Fullmer, DNP Student: Ashley Gish. 01/06/2014 - 05/05/2018
- Placental Epigenetic Environmental Response (PEER) Study. BIORUP & UROP: Simran Kaur, CA Affiliate Pre-Med: Adam Hughes. 06/01/2013 - 05/01/2015
N6101 Antepartum Care (Placenta)
N6106 Antepartum Childbearing Complications (Preterm Birth)
N6240 Clinical Genetics (Perinatal Genetics)
N7961 Research with Vulnerable Populations (Pregnant populations and chronically stressed women)
N7101 Research Ethics (Vulnerable Populations)
N7040 Data Collection Methods (Biobehavioral data collection)
- Kim Friddle, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Project Type: Dissertation. Role: Member.
- Marie Seitz, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Project Type: Dissertation.
- Lauren Eimers, Master of Science (M.S.), Project Type: Thesis. Role: Member.
- Monica Reno, Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.), Project Type: Project. Role: Member.
- Angela Anderson, Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.), Project Type: Project.