- Sigma Theta Tau Gamma Rho Chapter. 07/01/2022 - present. Position : Governance Chair.
- Sigma Theta Tau - Gamma Rho. 07/01/2019 - 06/30/2022. Position : Leadership Succession Chair.
- Utah Nurses Foundation. 03/15/2019 - present. Position : Vice President.
- National RN - BS Faculty Forum. 01/18/2019 - present. Position : Secretary.
- American Holistic Nurses Association. 01/01/2019 - present. Position : Education Approvor Committee (EAC) Member.
- American Holistic Nurses Association. 01/06/2017 - 06/30/2022. Position : Member .
- Sigma Theta Tau International - Gamma Rho Chapter. 07/01/2015 - 06/30/2017. Position : President.
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH). 02/04/2011 - 06/30/2022. Position : Member.
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL). 09/01/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- American Nurses Association. 08/03/2009 - present. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International . 01/01/1990 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurses Association. 01/06/1987 - present. Position : Member and Delegate.
"They are indeed wise; they do not bid you to enter the house of their own wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind." --- Kahil Gibran
There are many wonderful parallels between professional nursing and teaching. Nurses are committed to bringing out the best in others, from coming into this world safely through dying gracefully. Teachers nurture students from their nervous entry into unknown arenas of knowledge through their eventual independent performance and excellence. Both nurses and teachers are recognized and trusted for competence, professionalism, caring, knowledge, integrity, positive presence and advocacy. These contributions create a ripple-like effect, making profound differences in peoples' lives both immediately and long into the future. I am deeply motivated to succeed because I fully appreciate my influence on future nurses and the important role they play in society, with patients and healthcare teams. To love what I do and feel that it matters is incredibly fulfilling.
Courses I Teach
This course guides student transition to the role of professional nurse. Working collaboratively with a professional nurse preceptor, students synthesize acquired knowledge to deliver quality, patient-centered, and evidence-based care.
This interdisciplinary telemedicine course is designed to promote an understanding of telemedicine and prepare students to work together through the use of telemedicine technology to improve the health of rural and remote multiple chronic conditions patients who lack specialty medical and allied healthcare services.
Interprofessional Education in Long Term Care
This interprofessional education course is focused on enhancing student understanding of the interprofessional care of older adults in long term care settings.
- Introducing Mindfulness Moments in the Classroom.
- NEPQR Primary Care Nurse Education and Training for Chronic Disease Prevention. Project Lead: Linda Edelman, PhD, MPhil, RN. Collaborators: Brenda Luther, Sara Hart, Connie Madden. HRSA 07/01/2018 - present. Total Budget: $849,823.00.
- Interprofessional Education in Long Term Care. Project Lead: Linda Edelman, PhD, MPhil, RN. UGEC: Developing the Geriatric Primary Care Workforce 07/01/2015 - present. Total Budget: $2,779,004.00.
Small Group Teaching
- Interprofessional Education in Telehealth. 08/18/2014 - present