Assistant Professor, School Of Music
- International Clarinet Association.
09/01/2022 - 09/01/2024
- Director of Bands Search Committee.
11/01/2022 - 02/06/2023.
- Health and Safety Committee.
10/26/2022 - 04/25/2023.
- School of Music Marketing Committee; Social Media content sub-committee.
09/01/2022 - 04/25/2023.
- State of Utah Clarinet Choir - Consists of members from the Utah Symphony, Ballet West, LDS Temple Orchestra, music educators, adult enthusiasts, and Professors from University of Utah, BYU, UVU, Weber State, Utah State, Westminster College, Utah Tech, SUU and students from these respective schools. This group of 40 players recorded “Lincolnshire Posy”, a band piece arranged for clarinet choir by Darrin Thiriot (U of U alum) and submitted to the ICA Artistic Committee for consideration for the 50th anniversary of the ICA. The submission was accepted and the choir will perform at the 2023 Clarinet Festival on July 8, 2023 in Denver, CO and the Utah Clarinet Festival at Snow College on March 18, 2023.
07/01/2022 - 08/01/2023
- March 26, 2022. SUU Woodwind Day is a one-day, regional educational outreach symposium welcoming participants of all skill levels to come, perform, and engage with SUU woodwind faculty and students. The day will consist of recitals, masterclasses, clinics on instrument repair and improvisation, as well as a festival woodwind ensemble composed of both event participants and SUU music students. The event hosted 40 particpants from Iron county and West HS Band and Choir.
03/26/2022 - 03/26/2022
- Darkwood Duo recruiting/outreach tour to Copper Hills HS and West Jordan HS. Performed and taught 120 students.
12/13/2022 - 12/14/2022
- Outreach visits to Skyridge HS and Centennial Jr. High. Performed and taught 150 students.
10/01/2022 - 10/31/2022
- Darkwood Duo outreach/recruiting tour to Gunnison HS, North Sevier HS, Richfield HS, Grand County HS, Monticello HS, and San Juan HS. Performed and taught 250 students across eastern Utah.
04/04/2022 - 04/07/2022
- Band clinic and outreach at Carbon HS in Price, Utah. Performed and worked with 3 bands (75 students) on state assessment preparation.
03/24/2022 - 03/24/2022
Honors & Awards
- This award is based on student nominations. Students are asked, "Which faculty or staff members had the most positive impact on you during your SUU experience?" .
Southern Utah University Influencer ,
In the Media